I thought I’d combine my WIP Wednesday post this week with my craft goals update, which I usually post on Thursday. Why, you ask? (Ok, you didn’t ask, but I wanted to tell you anyway.) Because tomorrow I’ll be a stop on Sarah London‘s blog tour for Granny Square Love: A New Twist on a Crochet Classic for Your Home. Be sure to check back because I’ll have an interview with Sarah and some other fun stuff in that post.
I’m still working on the crocodile stitch project I started on Sunday night. It’s at the point where I could still transform it into one of several accessories. I haven’t firmly committed in either direction – I’m waiting for the project to “speak to me.” At times, it seems to say “keyhole scarf;” at other times, it seems to say “buttoned cowl” or “headband.” We’ll see what ultimately becomes of it.
I confess I was a bit jealous of Denise from Voie de Vie when she posted two weeks ago about the wonderful yarn she is using for her design in the upcoming Fresh Designs Crochet (Home) book. I have a design in the Fresh Designs Crochet (Kids) book but haven’t started work on it yet. When I got home today, my yarn support had arrived! Cooperative Press has given the designers permission to share some tidbits of the process on our blogs, so here’s a bit of eye candy.
I love working with Spud and Chloe Sweater. It has such a great color palette, it is soft on the hands, and it works up beautifully. I can’t wait to get started. Well, I guess I can wait, because I’ll have to wind up the yarn first .
On to my craft goals update, where the routine of reporting keeps me moving forward!
- I blogged about another chapter in Crochet Master Class (personal craft goal #2).
- I filmed my first video segments (professional craft goal #2). I have yet to edit…
- I self-published another pattern, the Bobble Diamonds and Posts Scarf, which is available on both Etsy and Ravelry (professional craft goal #3).
- I started the Crochet 101 CAL/class on the blog over the weekend, and I’ve kept up with my post frequency (professional craft goal #4)
- I’m pretty much done with packing up supplies for my workshops at the North Jersey Fiber Arts Festival on Friday (professional craft goal #5).
- I mentioned last week that I was working with BuddyPress (professional craft goal #9). After further investigation, I’ve decided that I’m not ready to undertake an online forum because I don’t have a full understanding of the security issues involved. I consider this realization to be a bit of progress on my part .
At this point, I am over 40% through with the year, and it is clear to me that the number of craft goals I set (25) was way too ambitious. I’m hesitant to remove anything though, so I guess I’ll keep pushing ahead with the understanding that not everything will get finished.
How are your works in progress coming this week? Check out Tami’s Amis for links to other WIP Wednesday posts.