This post contains affiliate links.
Woohoo! Kathryn from Crochet Concupiscence just awarded me her first Awesome Crochet Blog Award of 2011 for best interviews. Kathryn is one of my favorite crochet bloggers and I check her blog daily for all the latest happenings in crochet. I feel very honored. Thanks Kathryn!
In celebration of receiving this award, I’ve picked out ten interview highlights.
- Melissa Horozewski, author of Austentatious Crochet, shares her tips for making time for reading.
- Crochet and knitting author Val Pierce tells us the story of getting detention for knitting.
- Julia Bryant, a Tunisian crochet master, shares her unique creations.
- Creativity coach Carlota Zimmerman tells us about Kurt Vonnegut‘s method for dealing with rejection.
- Chopped Tomatoes Design Kitchen owner Machelle Salmeen shares her passion for the environment.
- Crochet teacher and author Renate Kirkpatrick talks about the revival of crochet and other crafts.
- Leslie Astor, owner of Astor Knot, talks about living a more handmade life.
- Becka Rahn shares her tips (and pet peeves) about teaching crafts to kids.
- Angela Davis tells us how she got started teaching knitting while on the road working in the music industry.
- Quilt artist LUKE describes his work as an investigation of nostalgia and function.
By the way, Kathryn is hosting 31 days of giveaways and daily blog awards throughout December, so be sure to stop by her blog and check these out! Thanks again, Kathryn, for the award, and thanks to all of the wonder artisans who have shared their time with me for interviews this year!