(Join along with me any time if you need a head start or moral support for your holiday crafting. You can read more details here.)
Well, I’ve added another finished project to my list since my last update, and (what a surprise) I’ve decided to make a few changes.
You may remember that I was swatching for a hat in Nude Ewe Ron for my dad’s partner.
I wasn’t too happy with any of the stitch patterns, so I was back to the drawing board. And then, I won this awesome giveaway and got 10 balls of yarn. This one started to look like a better fit.
I’m not sure my dad’s partner could actually handle a handwash only yarn. So now I’m going to get swatching with this yarn.
Also, I emailed my friend, JS, to ask about colors for winter accessories. She says her favorites are orange, green, blue, and purple, but that pretty much anything will match her grey coat. I feel I should make her a scarf, since I made a scarf for OB, and the three of us hang out together a lot.
Perhaps, you can help me choose the yarn for JS’s scarf. You see, back in May, a FreshStitches tutorial convinced me to use Ravelry’s stash feature, so I happen to have pictures of all these lovelies from my stash.
Do you have any favorites?
Just to keep me on track, here’s where I stand with my lists:
The “Still to Make” List
1) My dad’s partner – I plan to start on that hat this week.
2) My grandpa – I need 12 more hexagon motifs to make his holiday stocking.
3 – 5 ) My grandma, my Aunt I, and my cousin MS – Scarves for the ladies?
6) My Uncle M – A hat.
7) JS, my crafting buddy – Her scarf will be made from one of these lovely stash yarns.
8 ) My sister – Still deciding what to make.
9) My mom – Something smallish.
10) MC, my special guy – Probably a charcoal hat.
The Finished List! (~826 yds from stash)
I’ve already finished five projects, and that feels very good!
The Maybe List
I will feel pretty awesome if I get to the folks on this list, but I’m not going to worry about it too much. These are listed in order of priority.
- CG, my BFF from high school
- JM, another BFF from high school
- My cat
- Aunt K and Uncle T
- RP, colleague and work buddy for the last four years
- CA, my other colleague and work buddy for the last four years
- Mom’s dog
- Dad’s cat
Feel free to share your progress on your personal holiday gift making journey in the comments!