This week is all about ripple variations – how to make your ripples pointier, lacier, more or less textured, and so on. This week’s Ripple Mania PDF includes four stitch patterns and one project. Due to Hurricane Sandy, I didn’t take as many pictures as I would usually, but here are the patterns you will find this week.
The CAL is free to join. Each week, an updated PDF will be available to download on Ravelry, and Ravelry members can chat in the Ripple Mania CAL thread in the Underground Crafter group. (You do not have to be a Ravelry member to download the PDF.) Once the CAL ends on November 21, Ripple Mania will be converted to a “for sale” pattern ebook.
Ripple Mania CAL Schedule
Wednesday, 10/17 – Ripple Mania Kick Off!
- Supply list and project suggestions
- Colorize Your Ripple: Choosing a Palette for Your Project
Wednesday, 10/24 -Ripple Basics
- Three ripple patterns – classic, gentle ripple, and eyelet ripple
- Increasing and decreasing photo tutorial
- Changing colors photo tutorial
Wednesday, 10/31 - Ripple Variations
Wednesday, 11/7 – Squaring Up Your Ripple
- Techniques for squaring up the edges
Wednesday, 11/14 – Adding ripples to hexagon and square motif patterns
Wednesday, 11/28 – The Big Reveal!
- Flash your ripples on Ravelry (tag: ripplemania), Twitter (#ripplemania), Pinterest, Facebook, and your blogs! There will be prizes by sponsors including Red Heart, Leisure Arts, Lion Brand Yarn, and Magique Enterprises!