(Join along with me any time if you need a head start or moral support for your holiday crafting. You can read more details here.)
After a few weeks without anything interesting report, I’m happy to say I finished two holiday projects.
I made this crescent shawl using stash yarn and one of the buttons I inherited from my grandmother. The pattern is Terribly Simple by Caitlin ffrench (also available as a free Ravelry download). I probably would have made it larger if I made it for myself, but at this size it was a perfect storm project.
I made this ripple scarf entirely from scrap yarn, too. I got a lot of crafting done last week since I was at home from work for three days due to the storm, and then had a four hour round trip commute on Thursday and Friday.
Now I seem to be back on track with my holiday crafting, and hopefully I can keep up the momentum. I’m hopeful about completing the rest of my holiday projects before my personal deadline of November 18. I also bought larger cards for my snowflake project, so I hope to have a few cards ready in time for the winter holidays.
The Finished List! (~2,450 yds from stash)
1) Cabled hat for Dad – Cascade 220 Superwash (from stash) ~220 yds – A Hat Fit for a Fella pattern by Shana Kreikemeier
2) Cabled hat for JP – Malabrigo Rios (from stash) ~145 yds – my own design
3) Bruges lace scarf for OB – madelinetosh tosh sport (purchased at Knitty City for this project) – 270 yds – Sparkling Wave Scarf pattern by Tatyana Mirer
4) Ribbed beanie for cousin PR – Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and Moda Dea Tweedle Dee (from stash) – 122 yds – my own design
The “Still to Make” List
1) My Uncle M – A hat. Since I made my dad’s partner a scarf, the yarn I was planning to use for the hat is available to make something for my uncle.
1) CG, my BFF from high school – I’m not as worried about time for this one, since we usually don’t meet until after the holidays anyway. I would still like to make something with this yarn that I bought with her in mind.
2-3 ) My sister and my mom – I’m at the point where I may not make anything for these lovely ladies. I made my sister a bedspread last year (ok, I finished it in March, but it was for Christmas, 2011!) and I’m working on a bedspread for my mom’s birthday in February. If I have time, I think I’ll make house slippers or finish this shawl for my mom.
3) MC, my special guy – If I have time, I’ll make him a pair of house slippers or a new hat since he has pretty well worn out the one I made him a few years ago.
How is your holiday crafting going? Feel free to share your holiday crafting journey in the comments!