(Join along with me any time if you need a head start or moral support for your holiday crafting. You can read more details here.)
Alright people, I think I need a drum roll for this. I’ve actually finished all of my “must make” holiday projects a week ahead of my self-imposed November 19 deadline!
I’ll admit this isn’t the greatest picture, since it is pretty hard to photograph a scarf that is 7.5″ wide by 79″ long, but you can find a few more attempts on my Ravelry project page. This will go to my uncle, who is about 6’5″. I used the Pebble Stitch pattern from my 30 Purrfect Stitches for Pet Blankets pattern e-book. (Side note: I donate all profits from the sale of this ebook to an animal welfare organization at the end of every month.)
This scarf started out it’s life as my second attempt to crochet a sweater. I was about 75% finished with an XL Double Feature from More Crocheted Aran Sweaters by Jane Snedden Peever. (You can read about why I unraveled it here.)
I used two strands of yarn held together and kept crocheting until the yarn ran out. It is a little shorter than I planned, but I still think it is a good size.
And now, on to the lists…
The Finished List! (~3,350 yds from stash)
8 ) Bruges lace infinity scarf/cowl for one of the ladies in my dad’s family –Austermann Step (from stash) – 276 yds – my own design
11) Christmas stocking for grandpa – lots and lots of white and red yarn – 193 yards from stash and 113 yards of Craft Smart Value Solids bought from Michaels for this project – I used this pattern for assembly and 17 different hexagon designs
12) Scarf for Dad’s partner – Bernat Lana, Cascade 220, Lion Brand Fishermen’s Wool, and Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed (from stash) – 299 yds – my own design, available as part of the Ripple Mania crochet-a-long
13) Crescent shawl for one of the ladies in my dad’s family – Cascade 220 and Patons Classic Wool (from stash) – 212 yds – Terribly Simple by Caitlin ffrench
The Maybe List
I’m not too sure if I will get to any of these, especially since I have a few secret projects for publication with impending deadlines that I just found out about this weekend. If I get some down time, I will probably make a few of these projects.
1) CG, my BFF from high school - Something with this yarn that I bought with her in mind.
2 -3 ) My sister and my mom - Still not sure if and what I would make for these lovely ladies.
3) MC, my special guy - I’ve been thinking about a pair of house slippers if I have time.
How is your holiday crafting going? Feel free to share your holiday crafting journey in the comments!