(Join along with me any time if you need a head start or moral support for your holiday crafting. You can read more details here.)
Alright people, I think I need a drum roll for this. I’ve actually finished all of my “must make” holiday projects a week ahead of my self-imposed November 19 deadline!
The final project.
I’ll admit this isn’t the greatest picture, since it is pretty hard to photograph a scarf that is 7.5″ wide by 79″ long, but you can find a few more attempts on my Ravelry project page. This will go to my uncle, who is about 6’5″. I used the Pebble Stitch pattern from my 30 Purrfect Stitches for Pet Blankets pattern e-book. (Side note: I donate all profits from the sale of this ebook to an animal welfare organization at the end of every month.)
This scarf started out it’s life as my second attempt to crochet a sweater. I was about 75% finished with an XL Double Feature from More Crocheted Aran Sweaters by Jane Snedden Peever. (You can read about why I unraveled it here.)
I used two strands of yarn held together and kept crocheting until the yarn ran out. It is a little shorter than I planned, but I still think it is a good size.
And now, on to the lists…
The Finished List! (~3,350 yds from stash)
1) Cabled hat for Dad – Cascade 220 Superwash (from stash) ~220 yds – A Hat Fit for a Fella pattern by Shana Kreikemeier
2) Cabled hat for JP – Malabrigo Rios (from stash) ~145 yds – my own design
3) Bruges lace scarf for OB – madelinetosh tosh sport (purchased at Knitty City for this project) – 270 yds – Sparkling Wave Scarf pattern by Tatyana Mirer
4) Ribbed beanie for cousin PR – Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and Moda Dea Tweedle Dee (from stash) – 122 yds – my own design
The Maybe List
I’m not too sure if I will get to any of these, especially since I have a few secret projects for publication with impending deadlines that I just found out about this weekend. If I get some down time, I will probably make a few of these projects.
1) CG, my BFF from high school - Something with this yarn that I bought with her in mind.
2 -3 ) My sister and my mom - Still not sure if and what I would make for these lovely ladies.
3) MC, my special guy – I’ve been thinking about a pair of house slippers if I have time.
How is your holiday crafting going? Feel free to share your holiday crafting journey in the comments!