Happy International Crochet Day! I plan to spend my crochet time today swatching an idea I had for a new shawl design. How will you spend yours?
Although I haven’t been posting as frequently lately, I have been keeping busy, and I do have some great crochet news to share!
This pattern is a variation on the classic granny square pattern using modern quilts as an inspiration. It’s sized for both a standard and extra long (dormitory) twin.
I’ll also be teaching several upcoming crochet workshops.
- At the Finger Lakes Fiber Festival in Hemlock, NY on Saturday, September 21, 2013, I’m teaching 3 crochet workshops: Demystifying Crochet Patterns, Double-Ended Crochet Basics, and Introduction to Tunisian Crochet. You can read class descriptions and register here.
- In November, I’ll be teaching a 4 week Crochet for Beginners class at the Adult School of Montclair in Montclair, NJ. You can read the description and register here.
You may also notice that there’s a few changes up on the blog in terms of color and font. MC is working with me to update the blog and my website, so expect more changes to come in the next few months.
In other news, if you’re looking for a fun project for the fall, I’m hosting a crochet-a-long (CAL) on Ravelry starting tomorrow! And I know this post is celebrating crochet, but let me just mention I’m hosting a knit-a-long (KAL), too!
About the Underground Crafter Fall Cowl/Scarf CAL
For this CAL, get ready for the colder weather by crocheting any of the 17 crochet scarf or cowl designs that I’ve published.
- You can participate in the Underground Crafter group on Ravelry, in the comments on this blog, on the Underground Crafter Facebook page, by Tweeting @ucrafter #UCfall2013CAL, or by sharing your progress with Marie In NYC on Kollabora.
- Share your questions and progress, and don’t forget to photograph your finished project!
- If you’d like to enter the giveaway (prizes TBD), you’ll need to share a picture of your completed cowl or scarf by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, October 27. Each project counts as one entry in the giveaway.
- To share your project on Ravelry: Add the project to your notebook with the tag UCfall2013CAL. Share the project in the CAL chat thread.
- To share your project on Facebook: Post a Wall photo on the Underground Crafter page. (Remember that if you don’t “like” the page, I won’t be able to message you on Facebook, so you’ll have to check back to see if you’ve won.)
- To share your project on this blog: Post a link to a project photo (on your blog, Flickr, etc.) in the comments.
- To share your project on Twitter: Tweet @ucrafter #UCfall2013CAL with a link to a photo of your project.
- This giveaway is open to all crocheters worldwide.
- By entering the giveaway, you are granting permission for your project photo to be shared in a collage of all entries on this blog.
- On or about November 3, 2013, two winners will be chosen and contacted for mailing addresses. Winners must respond within 2 weeks or their prize will be forfeited. One winner will be chosen at random, and the other will be based on my subjective opinion of the best photograph.
Now for the small print: To join in the KAL, knit one of my hat patterns; post in this thread on Ravelry; and use the tag #UC2013hatKAL. Otherwise, all the rules are the same .
Tags: #UC2013hatKAL, #UCfall2013CAL, adult school of montclair, CAL, crochet, demystifying crochet patterns and stitch symbols, double-ended crochet basics, finger lakes fiber festival, hemlock, international crochet day, introduction to tunisian crochet, KAL, knitting, love of crochet, mod square blanket
December 2013 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011