On the weekends, I’m inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends for a takeover of my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, afterwards I’ll share a roundup here on the blog including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for this #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup?
This post contains affiliate links.
Pia says, “I love to play with yarn, learn new techniques, and create new designs to share with you! Come see what’s new at Stitches’N’Scraps.”
- Pia says, “Baby stuff is so much fun to make and give…particularly when you get pictures like this back!” Find the free Dreaming of Pinwheels blanket crochet pattern (and the rest of the set) here.
- Pia says, “CALs and KALs are among my favorite things. New designers and techniques – and everyone’s projects come out just a little bit different. One of the current CALs I’m involved in is this #SpaBasketCAL.” You can learn more about the #SpaBasketCAL, including links to all 12 free crochet patterns, here.
- Pia says, “Gift giving is great, but it’s always nice to make something special for yourself too! This Dew Drop Necklace can be customized in so many ways – check out all the great projects made with this pattern on Ravelry.” You can find this free crochet pattern here and learn more about the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-Long here.
- Pia says, “I always get excited when the weather starts to get cooler – it means I can wear more of my handmades! This poncho is one of my favorites – it’s so soft and warm.” You can find the free crochet pattern, For Emily, here.
- Pia says, “Sometimes I like to get really in depth on a topic, exploring why techniques work the way they do, and not just how to do them. Recently, I’ve been working on a 6 part series about all different kinds of crochet edgings. You can find all the posts here.”
- Pia says, “#CGOA membership has opened up whole new worlds for me – local meetings, on-line activities, the annual conference, and SO many new friends! Thanks to Kathy Lashley from @elkstudio for this great picture from this year’s show. Not a member yet? Learn more at the Crochet Guild of America website or join in the fun on the CGOA Now! blog.“
- Pia says, “While I’m better at crochet and have been doing it longer, I also love to knit! This year I’ve been having fun with Marie’s Anthology Blanket KAL.” Awww, thanks, Pia! I love the colors in your version. You can get the free knitting pattern for the Anthology Blanket here.
- Pia says, “My favorite projects are ones that incorporate both knitting and crochet, like this Plaid Scarf. The horizontal lines are all knit, and the vertical lines are crocheted!” Get the free knitting (and crochet!) pattern for the Plaid Scarf here.