The beginning of the year is a great time to take on new challenges and adventures, don’t you think? We kept this in mind as we were planning the first crochet-a-long for our (newly renamed) CAL Central groups on Facebook and Ravelry! This post includes all the information you’ll need to join us and will be regularly updated with links throughout the CAL, so read on for details!
This post contains affiliate links.
How the New Year, New Skill CAL works
I’ve teamed up with 13 other designers to share 26 free crochet patterns featuring 7 different crochet skills. Every week during the CAL, we’ll highlight a different skill and you’ll have several patterns to choose from as you learn (or perfect) that skill.
How to join the New Year, New Skill CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #calcentralcrochet on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join our Facebook or Ravelry groups.
- Each week, our featured designers will be available to answer questions in our groups and to share some of their other work with you.
- By the end of the CAL you’ll have up to 26 beautiful projects and will have learned or mastered 7 different skills.
New Year, New Skill 2017 Schedule
Each week, this schedule will be updated to link you to a post with more details.
- January 16 – 22 – Week 1 – Tunisian Crochet
- January 23 – 29 – Week 2 – Double-Ended Crochet
- January 30 – February 5 – Week 3 – Tapestry Crochet
- February 6 – 12 – Week 4 – Broomstick Lace
- February 13 – 19 – Week 5 – Bruges Lace
- February 20 – 26 – Week 6 – Soloman’s Knot
- February 27 – March 5 – Week 7 – Hairpin Lace