Welcome to Underground Crafter!
My name is Marie Segares, and I’m the Proprietress of the Underground Crafter. I’m a crochet and knitting blogger, designer, and teacher. I learned to crochet from my maternal grandmother in 1984, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I conquered my fear of knitting in 2010, and now I’m happily bi-craftual.
You can find free crochet patterns, crochet tips, crochet and knitting book and product reviews, interviews with needlearts industry pros, and more on my blog! I’ve just started adding free knitting patterns and recipes, too!
I won the Crochet Concupiscence 2014 Awesome Blog Award for Best Crochet Blog Series for my Hispanic Heritage Month interview series, where I interviewed 14 crochet and knitting bloggers, designers, and makers. (You can also find roundups of my 2013 and 2012 Hispanic Heritage Month interviews.)
If you’re visiting for the first time, you may want to check out some of my most popular posts:
- My free crochet patterns
- Crochet pattern roundups
- Visitor’s Guide to New York City Yarn Shops (updated March, 2015)
- Crochet Stitch Guides (reviews of 20+ crochet stitch guides)
You can also join in my current or future crochet-a-longs!
- Picnic Basket Shawl CAL through August 31, 2015
- Mystery Lapghan CAL – 30 designers, 36 free patterns for 6″ (15 cm) squares – through November 6, 2015
- Holiday Stashdown CAL – 15 designers, 15 free patterns for holiday gifts from stash – starts September 14, 2015
If you’re interested in the business side of crochet and knitting, you may also want to check out my weekly podcast, the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show.
Thanks so much for stopping by!