This post contains affiliate links. Yarn for this sample was generously provided by Galler Yarns. I also loved marled yarns where two different colors of fiber are twisted together to create a tweedy look. Galler Yarns Peruvian Tweed brings together soft alpaca, a marled yarn, and a jumbo skein (8 ounces/227 grams!), and you can make two of these infinity scarves out of one skein – one for you, and one for a gift. Don’t forget to share a picture on Ravelry or with my Facebook page if you make one! If you want an easy print format, you can buy an ad-free PDF version on Craftsy.
Alpaca Caress Infinity Scarf
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
- Adult: 60” (152 cm) long x 4” (10 cm) wide after blocking.
- Galler Yarns Peruvian Tweed (100% superfine alpaca, 8 oz/227 g/600 yds/550 m) – 1 skein in 121 Pewter Black, or approximately 295 yds (270 m) in any medium weight alpaca yarn.
- US Size H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn (optional).
- 13 sts x 10 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- ch – chain
- cdc – crossed double crochet – Skip st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st.
- dc – double crochet
- FPsc – front post single crochet – Insert hook from front around back to front of pf in previous round, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops, sk st behind FPsc.
- hdc – half double crochet
- pf – puff stitch – (Yo, insert hook in sts, yo and draw up a loop) 4 times, yo and draw through all 9 loops.
- rep – repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- * Repeat instructions after asterisks as indicated.
- Ch 252 (or any multiple of 10 sts, + 2 sts). For tips on how to work with a long foundation chain, read Easy fixes for a foundation chain with too few or too many chains.
- Set up row: Turn, sk 1 ch, sc in next st and in ea st across. Being careful not to twist, join with sl st to first sc to begin working in the round. (251 sts) Optional: mark last stitch of Round with stitch marker. Move stitch marker up each Round.
- Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc, here and throughout), cdc around, join with sl st to top of first ch 3.
- Rnd 2: Rep Rnd 1.
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st and in each around.
- Rnd 4: Ch 3, *dc in next st, ch 1, sk 1; rep from * around, join with sl st to top of first ch 3.
- Rnd 5: Ch 2 (counts as hdc, here and throughout), *pf in next st, hdc in ch-1 sp; rep from * around, join with sl st to top of first ch 2.
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in same st, *FPsc around next pf, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around.
- Rnd 7: Rep Rnd 4.
- Rnd 8: Ch 1, starting in same st *sc in next st, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around.
- Rnds 9-11: Rep Rnds 1-3. Fasten off.
- With yarn needle, weave in yarn tails. Gently spray block if desired.