(Join along with me any time if you need a head start or moral support for your holiday crafting. You can read more details here.)
Well, I’ve added another finished project to my list since my last update, and (what a surprise) I’ve decided to make a few changes.
You may remember that I was swatching for a hat in Nude Ewe Ron for my dad’s partner.
This has been unraveled, but you get the idea.
I wasn’t too happy with any of the stitch patterns, so I was back to the drawing board. And then, I won this awesome giveaway and got 10 balls of yarn. This one started to look like a better fit.
Cascade 220 Superwash in Cordovan.
I’m not sure my dad’s partner could actually handle a handwash only yarn. So now I’m going to get swatching with this yarn.
Also, I emailed my friend, JS, to ask about colors for winter accessories. She says her favorites are orange, green, blue, and purple, but that pretty much anything will match her grey coat. I feel I should make her a scarf, since I made a scarf for OB, and the three of us hang out together a lot.
A detail from the Bruges lace scarf I made for OB.
Perhaps, you can help me choose the yarn for JS’s scarf. You see, back in May, a FreshStitches tutorial convinced me to use Ravelry’s stash feature, so I happen to have pictures of all these lovelies from my stash.
Austermann Step in 03.
Bitsy Knits Squoosh Superwash in Aquamarine.
Dream in Color Classy in Happy Forest.
Dream in Color Classy in Spring Tickle.
Prism Merino Mia in Moss.
Spud and Chloe Sweater in Moonlight.
Do you have any favorites?
Just to keep me on track, here’s where I stand with my lists:
The “Still to Make” List
1) My dad’s partner – I plan to start on that hat this week.
2) My grandpa – I need 12 more hexagon motifs to make his holiday stocking.
3 – 5 ) My grandma, my Aunt I, and my cousin MS – Scarves for the ladies?
6) My Uncle M – A hat.
7) JS, my crafting buddy – Her scarf will be made from one of these lovely stash yarns.
8 ) My sister – Still deciding what to make.
9) My mom – Something smallish.
10) MC, my special guy – Probably a charcoal hat.
The Finished List! (~826 yds from stash)
I’ve already finished five projects, and that feels very good!
1) Cabled hat for Dad – Cascade 220 Superwash (from stash) ~220 yds – A Hat Fit for a Fella pattern by Shana Kreikemeier
2) Cabled hat for JP – Malabrigo Rios (from stash) ~145 yds – my own design
3) Bruges lace scarf for OB – madelinetosh tosh sport (purchased at Knitty City for this project) – 270 yds – Sparkling Wave Scarf pattern by Tatyana Mirer
4) Ribbed beanie for cousin PR – Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and Moda Dea Tweedle Dee (from stash) – 122 yds – my own design
I will feel pretty awesome if I get to the folks on this list, but I’m not going to worry about it too much. These are listed in order of priority.
Feel free to share your progress on your personal holiday gift making journey in the comments!