I’m excited to announce a really fun CAL that I’m organizing, the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-long!
I’ve teamed up with 14 other crochet designers to share 15 free crochet patterns for holiday gift and decoration projects with you!
Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stashbuster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great holiday gift. (If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, that’s ok, too! We love yarn as much as you do!)
This post contains affiliate links.
How to join the Holiday Stashdown CAL
Every Monday from September 14 through December 21, 2015, a new crochet pattern will be posted on one of our 15 blogs.
- You can join in by crocheting each of the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #HolidayStashdownCAL2015 on all social media.
- Chat with other crocheters in our Facebook and Ravelry groups
- By the end of the crochet-a-long, you’ll have 15 great gifts for the holiday season.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 schedule
Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers so you can get first notification of new patterns!
September 14: Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- Follow Marie on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Ravelry profile * designer page * group | Twitter | YouTube
September 21: Designs from Grammy’s Heart
September 28: American Crochet
- Follow Mistie on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Check out a roundup of my favorite 5 free patterns by Mistie here!
October 5: Mainly Crochet
October 12: Creative Threads by Leah
- Follow Leah on Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Read my interview with Leah here!
October 19: Melody’s Makings
October 26: Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
November 2: Eye Love Knots
November 9: KatiDCreations
- Follow Kati on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Ravelry | Twitter
- Check out a roundup of my favorite 5 free crochet patterns by Kati here!
November 16: Crochet Memories
November 23: Stitches ‘N’ Scraps
- Follow Pia on Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry
- Check out a roundup of my favorite 5 free crochet patterns by Pia here!
November 30: Acorn Tree Creations
December 7: Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts
December 14: The Purple Poncho
December 21: Blackstone Designs
Crochet at your own pace.
January 11: End-of-CAL giveaway entry deadline. Share a picture of your finished project for a chance to win great prizes from our giveaway sponsors. More information about how to enter and prizes will be shared in December.
January 15: End-of-CAL giveaway winners announced.
Shop for Lion Brand Yarn at LeisureArts.com!
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 giveaways!
After doing all of this holiday crafting, you deserve a gift, too, so we’ve organized two giveaways.
Our first giveaway is for two copies of Crochet for Christmas: 29 Patterns for Handmade Holiday Decorations and Gifts, courtesy of our sponsor Stackpole Books. Follow Stackpole Books on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter.
- To enter this giveaway, join the CAL by joining the Facebook or Ravelry groups through September 30, 2015. One winner from each group will be chosen at random.
We have even more sponsors for our end-of-CAL giveaway! For each finished project you share a photo of by January 11, 2016, you’ll get an entry into our giveaway with amazing prizes from our sponsors! Share a completed picture of all 15 projects and you’ll get 5 extra entries – that’s 20 in total! We’ll share more details about our sponsors, the great prizes they are sharing, and how to enter the giveaway soon. Until then, show our giveaway sponsors some love!
End-of-CAL Giveaway Sponsors
- Blackstone Designs! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Clover USA! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Creative Threads by Leah! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Hen Pecked Hooks! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Katrinkles! Follow on Facebook
- Kelly Connor Designs ! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Leisure Arts! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Lion Brand Yarn! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Michelle’s Assortment! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Mountain Street Arts! Follow on Blog | Twitter
- Polymer Clay Shed! Follow on Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Red Heart Yarn! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- The Sewing Machine! Follow on Facebook | Twitter
- Stitches’N’Scraps! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- And, last but not least, Underground Crafter (that’s me)! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
Will you be joining the Holiday Stashdown CAL? Head over to our Facebook and Ravelry groups to pick up blog and project badges you can use and to enter the first giveaway!