In this post, I’ll be spotlighting Michele Maks and Mainly Crochet, along with a roundup of 5 of free Mainly Crochet patterns that are perfect for holiday gifts! This is also the giveaway page for the Stashdown Cowl by Michele Maks, the fourth pattern in the Holiday Stashdown CAL, so scroll down for details.
This post contains affiliate links.
Spotlight on Michele Maks and Mainly Crochet
Did you know that Michele Maks actually launched my career as a crochet designer? As the former editor of Crochet World, she took a chance on me and published my first designs in the magazine in 2010. Thanks to her kind words and inspiration, I’ve gone on to publish 175 patterns since!
Michele’s latest project is Mainly Crochet, a digital pattern subscription service. For $24 a year, you can access over 250 exclusive patterns! Michele is also an accomplished designer in her own right, and she continues to create patterns for Mainly Crochet and other publishers. You can find Michele’s patterns for Mainly Crochet here and see a selection of the rest of her work on her Ravelry designer page.
Free Crochet Pattern Roundup
I’ve gone through Mainly Crochet’s collection of free patterns and picked out five that are perfect for holiday gifts.
- Martha’s Big Easy Scarf (available here)
- Loose Ends Ornament (available here)
- S’mores Coasters (available here)
- People with Hats (available here)
- Flower Pillows (available here)
This is the giveaway page for the fourth pattern in the CAL by Mainly Crochet.
To enter the end-of-CAL giveaway for this pattern, share a picture of your completed Stashdown Cowl using the link up below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, January 11, 2016. (Having trouble with the link up? Try this tutorial.)
- You may share one picture of each project you complete using the Stashdown Cowl pattern.
- Each completed project will count as one entry in the giveaway.
- Please link directly to the Ravelry project page, Instagram photo, or blog post, not to your main blog or profile.
- One winner will be chosen from these entries at random to win one of the end-of-CAL giveaway prizes.
- If you share a completed project picture for each of the 15 CAL patterns, you will receive 5 extra entries (for a total of 20) for an end-of-CAL giveaway prize.
- The most clicked on projects from each of the 15 CAL patterns will be entered in an additional giveaway for the “Viewer’s Choice” prize.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaway.