Whether you’re just joining in or you’ve been participating in the Ripple Mania Crochet-a-long since October, I know you’re excited to hear more about the prizes! The Ripple Mania CAL has four fantastic sponsors, Coats & Clark, Leisure Arts, Lion Brand Yarn, and Magique Enterprises, who have each put together a great prize package. This post describes the prizes, explains how you can enter the giveaway, and includes the schedule for the Ripple Mania CAL. All images are used with permission.
Red Heart Ripple Mania Prize Package (Retail value: $75)
Red Heart is sponsoring a fabulous Ripple Mania package including an issue of Crochet Today! and a copy of the Ripple Effect pattern booklet, along with everything you need to make the Windsor Ripple Throw – 8 skeins of Red Heart With Love yarn (2 skeins each 1530 Violet and 1814 True Blue D; 1 skein each 1907 Boysenberry, 1701 Hot Pink, 1401 Pewter, and 1805 Bluebell) and a 6 mm (US J) Susan Bates bamboo handle crochet hook. And, to make it easy for you to work on your project on the go, they’re also including a Red Heart tote bag.
Leisure Arts Ripple Mania Prize Package. (Retail value: $48.85)
Leisure Arts is sponsoring an awesome Ripple Mania prize package including 69 ripple patterns in 5 pattern books! The package includes 40 Favorite Ripple Afghans (Ravelry page), Beauty of the Earth Afghans (Ravelry page), Vanna’s Choice Color It Beautiful Afghans (Ravelry page), Ripple Afghans to Crochet (Ravelry page), and Rippling Effects (Ravelry page). These books will definitely keep you crocheting for quite some time!
Lion Brand Ripple Mania Prize Package. (Retail value: $33.16)
Lion Brand Yarn is sponsoring a wonderful Ripple Mania prize package – 4 skeins of Amazing in Strawberry Fields, enough yarn to crochet the Candy Color Ripple Cowl. You’ll have a fashionable accessory just in time for the deep cold of winter!
Magique Enterprises Ripple Mania Prize Package. (Retail value: $24.95CAD)
And for those of you who have been longing to try an Eleggant crochet hook after reading my review, Magique Enterprises is sponsoring a set including the Eleggant comfort crochet handle, six interchangeable hooks (in steel sizes 1.25 mm, 1.75 mm, and 2.25 mm, and in aluminum sizes 3.5 mm, 5.0 mm, and 6.0 mm), and o-rings.
Now that you’ve heard about all the amazing prizes available, you may be wondering how to enter this giveaway. Read on for details!
Ripple Mania Giveaway Rules
To enter the Ripple Mania giveaway for your chance to win one of these great prizes:
- Join in the Ripple Mania Crochet-a-long! You can participate in the Underground Crafter group on Ravelry, in the comments on this blog, on the Underground Crafter Facebook page, or by Tweeting @ucrafter #ripplemania.
- Photograph your Ripple Mania project! Smaller projects (accessories, baby blankets, cozies, washcloths, etc.) must be completed. Larger projects (adult sweaters, large throws, or bedspreads) must be at least 1/3 finished.
- Projects must have been started and/or completed during the Ripple Mania CAL (between October 17 and November 28). You can use any crochet ripple pattern, though of course I’d love it if you used one of mine :).
- Share a photograph and description of your Ripple Mania project by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, November 28. Each project counts as one entry in the giveaway.
- To share your project on Ravelry: Add the project to your notebook with the tag ripplemania. Share the project in the Ripple Mania CAL Giveaways thread.
- To share your project on Facebook: Post a Wall photo on the Underground Crafter page. (Remember that if you don’t “like” the page, I won’t be able to message you on Facebook, so you’ll have to check back to see if you’ve won.)
- To share your project on this blog: Post a link to a project photo (on your blog, Flickr, etc.) in the comments.
- To share your project on Twitter: Tweet @ucrafter #ripplemania with a link to a photo of your project.
- This giveaway is open to all crocheters worldwide.
- By entering the giveaway, you are granting permission for your project photo to be shared in a collage of all entries on this blog.
- On or about December 1, 2012, four winners will be chosen at random and contacted for mailing addresses. Winners must respond by December 15, 2012 or their prize will be forfeited.
Thanks so much for joining in, and I can’t wait to see the projects!
Ripple Mania CAL Schedule!
Wednesday, 10/17 – Ripple Mania Kick Off!
Ripple Mania CAL Chat on Ravelry
Week 1 Chat on Ravelry
- Supply list and project suggestions
- Colorize Your Ripple: Choosing a Palette for Your Project
Wednesday, 10/24 -Ripple Basics
Week 2 Chat on Ravelry
Wednesday, 10/31 – Ripple Variations
Week 3 Chat on Ravelry
Wednesday, 11/7 – Squaring Up Your Ripple
Week 4 Chat on Ravelry
Wednesday, 11/14 – Adding ripples to hexagon and square motif patterns
Week 5 Chat on Ravelry
Wednesday, 11/28 – The Big Reveal!
Stop by Ravelry to join in on the CAL.