Every year, I try to boost my own crafting skills by taking classes, reading books, and challenging myself to learn new things. It’s easy to make the same projects over and over, but sometimes that causes us to lose our passion for the crafts that we love.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
I’m lucky enough to live in New York City, so I have access to many amazing yarn shops, teachers, and events. But not everyone has so many crochet and knitting resources at their fingertips, and even I struggle with finding the time for it all.
Enter Craftsy. In addition to being a marketplace for patterns and crafting supplies, Craftsy also offers an incredible array of online classes in crochet, knitting, sewing, baking, photography, and pretty much every other craft imaginable. You can keep your skills fresh by taking classes on your schedule.
I have my eye on some other classes, too.
Have you ever wondered what Craftsy classes other people are taking?
Not only have I taken Craftsy classes and enjoyed them, but so have other Underground Crafter readers. Recently, Craftsy shared a list with me of all the classes Underground Crafter readers have bought through my affiliate links, and today I’m sharing that list with you!
Most-Purchased Crochet Classes by Underground Crafter Readers
- Quick & Easy Crochet Cowls, taught by Tamara Kelly (read my interview with Tamara here),
- Crocheting in the Round: Mix & Match Hats, taught by Stacey Trock (read my interview with Stacey here),
- Improve Your Crochet: Essential Techniques, taught by Edie Eckman,
- Mastering Foundation Crochet Stitches, taught by Marty Miller,
- Save Our Stitches: Fixing Crochet Mistakes, taught by Andi Smith,
- Professional Finishing for Perfect Crochet, taught by Linda Permann,
- Crochet: Beyond Rectangles, taught by Linda Permann,
- See It, Crochet It: Reading Diagrams, taught by Charles Voth (read my interview with Charles here), and
- Crochet Mittens & Fingerless Gloves, taught by Brenda K.B. Anderson.
Most-Purchased Knitting Classes by Underground Crafter Readers
- Stranded Colorwork: The Basics and Beyond, taught by Sunne Meyer,
- Estonian Lace Explained, taught by Nancy Bush,
- Knit This: Mastering Lace Shawls, taught by Laura Nelkin,
- Knitting with Beads, taught by Laura Nelkin,
- Lace From the Inside Out: Advancing Lace Techniques, taught by Laura Nelkin,
- Improve Your Knitting: Alternative Methods and Styles, taught by Patty Lyons,
- Explorations in Cables, taught by Patty Lyons,
- Lace Knitting: Basics and Beyond, taught by Eunny Jang,
- Knit Lab: In the Round, taught by Stefanie Japel,
- Essential Techniques Every Knitter Should Know, taught by Sally Melville,
- Color Patterning With Hand-Dyed Yarns, taught by Laura Bryant,
- Twined Knitting, taught by Beth Brown Reinsel,
- Knit Original Toe-Up Socks, taught by Donna Druchunas,
- Next Steps in Fair Isle: Mittens & Hat, taught by Donna Druchunas,
- Celtic Cables, taught by Carol Feller,
- Essential Short Row Techniques, taught by Carol Feller,
- Perfect Knits Every Time: Understanding Knitting Patterns, taught by Kate Atherley,
- My First Infinity Scarf, taught by Vicki Square,
- My First Sweater, taught by Amy Ross,
- Mittens and Gloves Galore, taught by Marly Bird, and
- Knit Faster with Portugese Knitting, taught by Andrea Wong.
And, since I said I wanted to do more sewing in 2016,
Most-Purchased Sewing Classes by Underground Crafter Readers
- Building Better Bags: Interfacing & Structure, taught by Sara Lawson,
- Serger Solutions: Troubleshooting Techniques, taught by Sara Snuggerud,
- Zip It Up: Easy Techniques for Zippered Bags, taught by Joan Hawley,
- Sewing Designer Details with Simplicity, taught by Joy Macdonell.