Today’s guest contributor post by Raji’s Craft Hobby is a pattern for the Mini Crochet Gift Bag! Crochet gift bags are great ways to add a handmade touch to a last-minute gift, or to create something special for a little one.
Photos in this post are © Rajeshwari Singh/Raji’s Craft Hobby and are used with permission.
About Raji’s Craft Hobby
Rajeshwari Singh (also known as Raji) is the blogger behind Raji’s Crafty Hobby. Raji is a human resources professional with a passion for handmade arts and crafts, an avid bookworm, and a complete craft addict. Some of Raji’s favorite crafts include crochet, clay, paper, drawing, embroidery, and sewing.
Though Raji’s love for arts and crafts started at a young age, there was no time for crafting once she became busy with professional life. It wasn’t until 2016, after Raji’s first baby was born, that she started her blog. She truly believes everyone has a creative side, but sometimes you just need inspiration to find it.
Mini Crochet Gift Bag
Pattern by Raji’s Craft Hobby
Who doesn’t love receiving gifts……and what would be an adorable way to gift your loved ones with something handmade! There is no better way to show your care and love! If you are looking for something easy and quick to make, this simple and small gift bag will do the trick.
I have used satin cord for this Mini Gift Bag. This gives the bag a polished and lustrous finish. It is easy and works up very quick. It is the perfect gift bag for giving small gifts. You don’t have to worrying about wrapping your gift, just put in your gift in this cute little bag and you are good to go!
- Satin cord
- 4 mm crochet hook
- Stitch marker
- Pearls and buttons
This Bag Measures around 5″ (13 cm).
Notes from Underground Crafter:
- This pattern uses U.S. crochet terminology. A list of standard abbreviations is available here.
- Oombawka Design has a helpful magic circle tutorial here.
- Start with a Magic Circle (see Notes from Underground Crafter).
- 6 Single Crochet in the loop.
- Pull the yarn tail and close the gap in the middle.
- We will be working in continuous rounds. (6 Stitches.)
- Use a stitch marker to mark the start of each round.
- 2 Single Crochet in each stitch around. (12 Stitches.)
- 1 Single Crochet, 2 Single Crochet in the next stitch.
- Repeat (1SC, 2SC) all around. (18 Stitches)
- Start with 1 SC, Increase, 1 SC in next 2 stitches, Increase.
- Repeat [1SC, 1SC, Inc] all around. 1 SC in the last stitch. (24 Stitches)
- 1 SC in 3 Stitches, Increase.
- Repeat [1SC, 1SC, 1SC, Inc] all around. (30 Stitches)
- Start with 1 SC in 2 stitches, Increase, 1 SC in 4 stitches, Increase.
- Repeat [1SC, 1SC, 1SC, 1SC, Inc] all around. 1 SC each in the last 2 remaining stitches. (36 Stitches)
- 1 SC in 5 stitches, Increase.
- Repeat [1SC, 1SC, 1SC, 1SC, 1SC, Inc] all around. (42 Stitches)
- Chain 15.
- This will make the handle of the bag.
- Skip 9 stitches and Single Crochet on the 10th Stitch.
- 1 Single Crochet each in the remaining stitches around the bag until you reach the starting of the Handle.
- 15 Single Crochets around the Handle.
- 1 Single Crochet each in the remaining stitches around the bag until you reach the starting of the handle.
- Chain 1 and turn your work.
- 1 Single Crochet each in the stitches around the bag.
- See…..the edges of the bags are forming!
- Weave off the yarn once you reach the end.
- Similarly, make the backside of the back. But stop at Round 9.
- Join both, the front part and the back part with Slip Stitches.
- Weave off your yarn.
- Use decorative pearls and buttons to make the Bag Charm.
- You can use yarn to make the Charm. I used Blue Shimmer Yarn.
- Tie it around the handle.
There You Go….! Put in the gifts and they are ready to be gifted……. or have you changed your mind ? ….. They look cute ….right! Don’t you feel like using them for yourself…..! I felt the same!
I hope you enjoy making this Mini Bag.