I love the look of quilting and I know that many crocheters and knitters do, too. If you’d like to mimic your favorite patchwork and quilted looks in your next crochet or knitting project, then you’ll find something to love in this roundup of 31 free quilt-inspired crochet and knitting patterns, including 23 free crochet patterns and 8 free knitting patterns.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
31 Free Quilt-Inspired Crochet and Knitting Patterns
Roundup by Underground Crafter
23 Free Crochet Patterns
These patterns include blankets (of course!), wall hangings, and pillows.
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Mamachee’s 3-1/2 Inch Quilt Inspired Square also includes instructions for making a pillow.
- If you prefer to use Tunisian crochet, the Tunisian Crochet Log Cabin Sampler Blanket by Underground Crafter includes linked video tutorials for each Tunisian crochet stitch and the Modern Tunisian Quilt by Very Pink includes a video tutorial.
- The Rag Quilt Style Baby Blanket by Highland Hickory Designs uses textured stitches to mimic the look of a rag quilt.
- The Quilt Square Inspired Wall Hanging by The Unraveled Mitten uses four colors of half-square triangles.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Lion Brand has several quilt-look patterns, including the All American Granny Square Throw, the Colonial Log Cabin Afghan, the Jiffy Patchwork Quilt, and the Quilt Motif Afghan.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- The Triangle Blanket by Repeat Crafter Me is crocheted in one piece and includes a video tutorial.
- Kim Guzman’s Patchwork Baby Blanket is modular and rows of squares built on each other without seaming.
- The Double Irish Chain Granny Square Blanket and the Mod 9-Patch Blanket by Underground Crafter and the Eventually Granny Square Blanket by Becky Simmons use granny square arrangements to mimic a quilt look.
Fourth column, from top to bottom:
- Marly Bird’s Chic Log Cabin Blanket includes several layout options.
- The Coins Quilt by Anastacia Knits is a great stashbuster.
You can find several patterns on AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns that are designed to look like classic quilt blocks, including:
- Dresden Plate Throw, Contemporary Stash-Busting Blocks Throw, and Cool Log Cabin Afghan by Katherine Eng…
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Wedding Ring Quilt by Kathleen Sams
- Crazy Cool Yo-Yo Afghan by Kristen Staltzfus
- Patchwork Pinwheel Afghan by Free Vintage Crochet
- Homey Throw by Stitchworx
8 Free Knitting Patterns
I didn’t forget the knitters! These patterns are shown clockwise from top left.C
- Very Pink has two quilt-look blanket patterns with video tutorials, the Bento Box Quilt, made with bulky weight yarn, and the Log Cabin Blanket.
- Frankie Brown has several blanket patterns influenced by classic quilt blocks, including Boxes and Stars, Spools, Pathways Blanket, Double Spinning Star, and Apple Core Blanket.
- Lion Brand’s Quilt Look Afghan is made with octagon and diamond motifs.