This post contains affiliate links. The yarn for the sample was generously provided by Lion Brand.
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
- Adult: 5.5” (14 cm) wide, 61.5” (156 cm) long.
- Lion Brand Heartland (100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g/251 yds/230 m) – 1 skein ea in 109 Olympic (CA) and 169 Shenandoah (CB), or approximately 230 yds (210 m) in ea of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 13 sts in pattern = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Shop for Lion Brand Yarns, patterns, and crochet supplies on LeisureArts.com!
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- dc5tog – double crochet 5 sts together – (Yo, insert hook in next st, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops) 5 times, yo and draw through all 6 loops on hook. If you’re new to decreasing, you can find helpful photos in my Catherine Wheel tutorial.
- ea – each
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- With CA, ch 220 (or any multiple of 24 sts, + 4 sts).
- Row 1: (Right Side) Turn, skip 3 sts (counts as first dc), 2 dc in next ch, dc in next 9 ch, *dc5tog, dc in next 9 ch,** 5 dc in next ch, dc in next 9 ch; rep from * across, ending last rep at ** with 1 ch remaining, 3 dc in last ch. (216 sts)
- Row 2: Turn, ch 3 (counts as dc, here and throughout), 2 dc in same st, dc in next 9 sts, *dc5tog, dc in next 9 sts,** 5 dc in next st, dc in next 9 sts; rep from * across, ending last rep at ** with 1 st remaining, 3 dc in last st.
- Row 3: Rep Row 2.
- Row 4: Rep Row 2, changing to CB with last yo of final dc. Fasten off CA.
- Row 5: Turn, ch 1, sc in same st and ea st across.
- Row 6: Turn, ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 5, sc in next st; rep from * across.
- Row 7: Turn, ch 1, sc in same st, *pull ch-5 loop towards the front, sc in next sc; rep from * across, changing to CA with last yo of final sc. Fasten off CB.
- Rows 8-11: Rep Rows 4-7.
- Row 12: Rep Row 2. Fasten off.
- With yarn needle, weave in yarn tails securely on wrong side of scarf.