On the weekends, I’m inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends for a takeover of my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, on Sunday night, I’ll share a roundup including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for this week’s #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup?
This week’s guest is crochet designer and blogger, Rhondda, from Oombawka Design Crochet. Rhondda also happens to host two of my favorite link parties, Tuesday Pin-spiration Link Party (with Amy from The Stitchin’ Mommy) and Link and Share Wednesdays. Rhondda can also be found online on Facebook, G+, Instagram, Pinterest, Ravelry, Twitter, and YouTube. She shared six free crochet patterns with us, so read on for details!
This post contains affiliate links.
Rhondda is a freelance Crochet Designer and full-time Blogger at Oombawka Design Crochet. Here she shares her love of crochet with the online crochet community through her beginner-friendly free patterns and tutorials. Rhondda recently contributed 5 designs to the book: Bold Baby Crochet: 30 Modern & Colorful Projects for Baby. She currently resides in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two young children. Find her patterns on Ravelry as RhonddaM and follow her daily crochet blog, Oombawka Design Crochet.
- Rhondda says, “This free pattern is Block 5 in the #MooglyCAL2017. Bright and colorful, this 12 inch crochet square design includes easy-to-follow written instructions and YouTube Video Tutorial.” Get the free crochet pattern for the All Aflutter 12” Afghan Square here.
- Rhondda says, “Featuring the Chinese Puzzle Stitch, the Perfectly Puzzled Cowl is a beautifully textured accessory. The crochet design is equally stunning when crocheted in variegated yarn and solid yarn colors. This free crochet pattern includes a video tutorial and photo stitch tutorial.”
- Rhondda says, “The BBB! This basic bulky beanie crochet pattern is available in sizes preemie to adult large. Crocheted in bulky weight yarn this free hat pattern is a quick project perfectly suited to both men and women.”
- Rhondda says, “Easy-On Mittens with a cuff you can open and secure closed are perfect for children and adults. This free crochet pattern is available in 3 sizes using bulky weight yarn.”
- Rhondda says, “Crochet an Old Fashioned Paperback Book Cover! This is a great gift idea for avid readers who still enjoy a traditional paperback book. This free crochet pattern is available and includes photos to assist with assembly. Try this pattern with your favorite medium weight yarn, or attempt planned pooling to get the same effect as I did.”
- Rhondda says, “Crochet this Ponytail or kNot Hat in under 40 minutes! This free crochet pattern includes a pattern video to walk you through the entire hat making process. Crocheted with 1 ball of super bulky yarn and a 12 mm hook this hat can be crocheted into a regular beanie, a slouch hat or a ponytail hat with ease!”