Did you know that January 14 is Dress Up Your Pet Day? Other than a failed attempt to photograph my cats in tiny Santa hats years ago, I haven’t had much success dressing my cats. I do have the honor of dressing my mom’s dog in her winter coat when I dog sit, though.
To celebrate Dress Up Your Pet Day, I’m sharing a roundup of 10 awesome free crochet patterns!
This post contains affiliate links.
1) I love the Doggie Tutu by Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs! Sara includes a great tutorial for measuring your dog correctly, and the pattern is customizable to any size dog.
Doggie Tutu, free crochet pattern. Image (c) Sara Sach/Posh Pooch Designs.
2) The Doggie Shrug by Molly Mahoney is another cute pattern for your favorite female dog. The flower embellishment is adorable! This one is available in three sizes.
Doggie Shrug, free crochet pattern by Molly Mahoney. Image (c) Red Heart/Coats & Clark.
Cuddles to Crochet for Pets, now available on LeisureArts.com!
3) The Rigby Scarf by Sincerely Pam is a cute kerchief available in 5 doggie sizes. It’s easy to adjust it to a larger (human) size if you’d like to match your furry friend on your next walk.
Rigby Scarf, free crochet pattern by Sincerely Pam. Image (c) Pamela Dajczak.
4) Stitch 11‘s Size Small Dog Sweater is a classic style that will suit even the most traditionally dressed dogs. Corina also has an extra small version available here.
Size Small Dog Sweater, free crochet pattern by Stitch 11. Image (c) Stitch 11.
5) If, by chance, you have a Saint Bernard, s/he should definitely accessorize with Jennifer Gregory‘s crochet Whisky Barrel Pouch for Saint Bernard dogs. The pattern includes helpful tutorial photos to assist with assembly.
Whisky Barrel Pouch for Saint Bernard Dogs, free crochet pattern by Jennifer Gregory. Image (c) Niftynnifer’s Crochet & Crafts.
6) The Shell Stitch Cowl by Manda Lynn’s Crochet Treasures is a great winter accessory available in 5 sizes.
Shell Stitch Cowl for Pup, free crochet pattern by Manda Lynn’s Crochet Treasures. Image (c) Manda Lynn.
Check out Dog Photography: Sit, Stay, Click, now available on Craftsy!
7) If you want a solid color cowl, check out Sara Sach‘s Cable Stitch Dog Cowl with Buttons. As a button fanatic, this is definitely one of my favorites. This is also a great small project to try crochet cables!
Cable Stitch Dog Cowl with Buttons, free crochet pattern by Sara Sach. Image (c) Posh Pooch Designs.
8) Sara Sach shares another tutorial in her Small Dog Shrug. She demonstrates how to measure your dog so you can customize the shrug to a larger size.
Small Dog Shrug, free crochet pattern by Sara Sach. Image (c) Posh Pooch Designs.
9) And, if you’re looking for a more old school cowl, try Sara Sach‘s Retro Collar. This would be a great stashbuster to use up scraps from larger projects.
Retro Collar, free crochet pattern by Sara Sach. Image (c) Posh Pooch Designs.
10) Last, but certainly not least, is this cute dress from Manda Lynn. The Chihuahua Angel Wing Pinafore Dress makes a lovely outfit for your small lady dog.
Chihuahua Angel Wing Pinafore Dress by Manda Lynn’s Crochet Treasures. Image (c) Manda Lynn.
I hope you enjoyed this roundup! You can find more crochet and knit patterns for pets on my Pinterest board!
Follow Underground Crafter’s board Crochet and Knit for Pets on Pinterest.
What projects have you crocheted or knit for your pets?