Are you having as much fun with the Wonder Blanket as I am? I’m excited to share my second pattern for the Wonder Blanket pattern: Part 9. If you’re new to this crochet-a-long, you can find more details here.
This post contains affiliate links. Yarn for the sample was generously provided by Lion Brand.
To join this CAL…
- Choose a medium weight yarn (I used Lion Brand Pound of Love), and a US Size I-9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook.
- To follow along on Ravelry, join the Crochet with Us and American Crochet groups.
- To follow along on Facebook, join the Crochet with Us and American Crochet groups.
- When sharing your progress online, use hashtag #CWUACWONDERCAL2016.
Wonder Blanket Crochet-a-Long: Part 9
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
- Lion Brand Pound of Love (16 oz/448 g/1020 yds/933 m/100% acrylic) in 148 Turquoise (CA) and 110 Denim (CB), or any 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- ea – each
- hdc – half double crochet
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- tr – treble (triple) crochet
- yo – yarn over
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- Stitch pattern is based on multiples of 6 sts, + 3 sts.
- Parts 1-4: Foundation chain through Row 24 are available here.
- Part 5: Rows 25-30, available here on Creative Crochet Workshop.
- Part 6: Rows 31-40, available here on Oombawka Design Crochet.
- Part 7: Rows 41-46, available here on The Stitchin’ Mommy.
- Part 8: Rows 47-52, available here on The Lavender Chair.
Part 9: Gentle Waves
- Row 53: With CA, turn, ch 1, sc in same st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, *tr in next st, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st; rep from * across, changing to CB with last yo of last dc. (165 sts)
- Row 54: Turn, ch 2 (counts as hdc, here and throughout), dc in next st, tr in next st, *dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr in next st; rep from * across.
- Row 55: Turn, ch 1, sc in same st and ea st across, changing to CA with last yo of last sc.
- Row 56: Rep Row 54, changing to CB with last yo of last tr.
- Rows 57: Rep Row 53. Do not change colors at end of Row.
- Row 58: Rep Row 55.