I’m very excited about everything I’ve done to reduce my stash in April, so without further ado, here is the update on my progress since March.
- I finally finished my sister’s blanket, in the process using about 5,600 yards of yarn and reducing my stash storage by an entire plastic tub!
- I made 40 six inch squares using stash acrylic yarn to donate to charity. I used about 1,400 yards of yarn, equivalent to almost 4 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver. My goal was to use the equivalent of 2 skeins, so I’m pretty excited about this.
- I didn’t purchase any yarn this month, so I’ve kept up with my yarn diet.
On the other hand…
- I’ve received a good amount of yarn samples from Galler Yarns to use for future designs and publicity. Like, 15 skeins worth!
- I still haven’t taken pictures of my unused skeins to sell or trade.
Once again, I emerge slightly victorious. This month, I can actually see more space in my yarn storage area. I’ve also uncovered some long lost skeins that I’m looking forward to working with again.
My goals for May:
- Yet again, I’m going to say that I’ll take pictures of my unused stash yarn to sell or trade. Let’s hope I really get my act together this time.
- I have a big stash related project in the works that I plan to reveal in a few days (yes, I’m a woman of mystery). I’m hoping this will help me use up quite a bit more stash in the next few months.
Have you made any progress towards surmounting your stash this month?