This week is all about ripple basics. Most ripple newbies struggle with one of three things: increasing, decreasing, or changing colors. Not to worry! This week’s Ripple Mania PDF includes photo tutorials for all three!
If you’re a ripple pro, there’s still something for you. I included patterns for three ripple stitches, tips for sizing your final project, and instructions for my Eyelet Ripple Infinity Scarf.
Ripple Mania CAL Schedule!
Wednesday, 10/17 – Ripple Mania Kick Off!
Ripple Mania CAL Chat on Ravelry
- Supply list and project suggestions
- Colorize Your Ripple: Choosing a Palette for Your Project
Wednesday, 10/24 -Ripple Basics
- Three ripple patterns – classic, gentle ripple, and eyelet ripple
- Increasing and decreasing photo tutorial
- Changing colors photo tutorial
Wednesday, 10/31 – Ripple Variations
Wednesday, 11/7 – Squaring Up Your Ripple
- Techniques for squaring up the edges
Wednesday, 11/14 – Adding ripples to hexagon and square motif patterns
Wednesday, 11/28 – The Big Reveal!
- Flash your ripples on Ravelry (tag: ripplemania), Twitter (#ripplemania), Pinterest, Facebook, and your blogs! There will be prizes by sponsors including Coats & Clark, Leisure Arts, Lion Brand Yarn, and Magique Enterprises!
Visit Ravelry to get started with the Ripple Mania CAL!