I’m releasing a new free crochet pattern every week through December. Each one can be made with 3 skeins of yarn or less, and would make a great gift (for someone else, or as a reward to yourself for all of your holiday crafting!).
This post contains affiliate links. The yarn for the sample was generously provided by Rowan.
Everyone has a friend who is always “too hot.” (It used to be me!) I designed the Pinky Circle Scarf with this friend in mind.
This peek-a-boo ripple stitch pattern is the perfect solution. Even when worn with two wraps around, there’s a little air around the neck, too.
This circle scarf is crocheted flat. The border is worked in the round with a slip stitch join. The stitch pattern is a simple 4 row repeat (and, 2 of those rows are the same!), and it uses just 2 skeins of Rowan Pure Wool Worsted.
Add the Pinky Circle Scarf to your Ravelry favorites or queue.
Pinky Circle Scarf
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This infinity scarf is crocheted with a simple to remember peek-a-boo ripple pattern.
- Adult: 5.75” (14.5 cm) wide x 60” (152 cm) long.
- Rowan Pure Wool Worsted (100% washable wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 219 yd/200 m) – 2 skeins in 113 Pretty Pink, or approximately 390 yd (357 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 18 sts x 11 rows in pattern = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- ea – each
- rep – repeat
- RS – right (front) side
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip st
- sp – space
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- WS – wrong (back/inside) side
- * + Rep instructions after asterisk or plus sign as indicated.
- Scarf is crocheted flat. An edging is added, along with a slip stitch seam, to join into an infinity scarf.
- A photo tutorial for seaming with a slip stitch join is available here.
- Ch 27 (or any multiple of 6 sts, + 3).
- Set Up Row: Turn, sk 3 ch (counts as dc, here and throughout), dc in ea st across. (25 sts)
- Row 1 (WS): Turn, ch 5 (counts as dc + ch-2 sp, here and throughout), sk first 3 sts, sc in next st, ch 2, sk 2 sts, dc in next st, *ch 2, sk 2 sts, sc in next st, ch 2, sk 2 sts, dc in next st; rep from * across.
- Row 2 (RS): Turn, ch 1, sc in first st, *sk ch-2 sp, 5 dc in next st, sk ch-2 sp, sc in next st; rep from * across.
- Row 3: Rep Row 1.
- Row 4: Turn, ch 3, *2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in next st; rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1-4 40 more times, or until scarf measures approximately 60” (152 cm). Do not fasten off and do not turn.
Edging and Joining
- Turn to begin working along long edge, ch 1, *2 sc in side of ea row;** rep from * to ** across to Set Up Row. Fold scarf so RS is facing inside, turn to work along short edge, +insert hook through outer loops of both layers of next st on WS, sl st to join; rep from + across short edge. Turn RS out, ch 1, rep from * to ** across to last row, join with sl st to top of first sc. Fasten off.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends. Spray block if necessary.