Did you know that January 15 is National Hat Day? Though I love crocheting hats, I’ve sometimes struggled to find the perfect designs for the men in my life (who tend to be a bit fussier about hats than the ladies I know).
To celebrate National Hat Day, I’m sharing a roundup of 7 awesome free crochet patterns that would be great for the men in your life!
This post contains affiliate links.
1) The Raised Stripes Hat by Jessie Rayot of Jessie at Home is a great unisex hat that cat be styled in several ways. The pattern is available in 5 sizes from toddler to adult large. Jessie also includes both photo and video tutorials for special stitches and techniques used in the pattern.
2) The Go Like a Pro Beanie by Heidi Yates from Snappy Tots is a great hat for an outdoors lover. In addition to the fun mohawk design and the cozy earflaps, Heidi has also included an optional way to accommodate a GoPro camera with a GoPro Head Strap Mount. The pattern is available in both child and adult sizes and includes pictures to guide you through the placement for the GoPro opening.
3) The Northern Stripes Beanie by Maria Bittner at Pattern Paradise is a straightforward striped beanie pattern (low on the fussiness scale!) in both child and adult sizes.
4) The Daniel hat by DROPS Design is a striped hat with a narrow brim. (Also low on the fussiness scale.)
5) Feldberg is a three color striped hat by the Schachenmayr My Mountain Design Team. This is a quick and easy pattern that you could make just before a trip outdoors.
Love crocheting hats? Check out this Craftsy class:
Crocheting in the Round: Mix & Match Hats (with Stacey Trock)
6) The Jacob’s Ladder Hat by Clare Sullivan of BobWilson123 is a video tutorial for a great unisex hat. (You can download the print version of the free pattern, along with a photo tutorial, from this page.) I
7) And last, but definitely not least, is the Hounds Tooth Hat by Kathy Lashley at ELK Studio. This pattern is also striped but with the classic look of houndstooth.
If you enjoyed this roundup, you may enjoy my Crochet for Men and Crochet Headwear boards on Pinterest.
2 thoughts on “National Hat Day – Roundup of 7 free crochet hat patterns for men!”