On the weekends, I’m inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends for a takeover of my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, on Sunday night, I’ll share a roundup including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for this week’s #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup?
This week’s guest is crochet designer and maker Angela Plunkett from Little Monkeys Design. You may remember Angela because she previous shared a guest post, the free crochet pattern for the Jane’s Cowl on Underground Crafter.
This post contains affiliate links.
Angela specializes in creating projects using eco-friendly and sustainable yarns.
Angela says, “Hi! I’m Angela, the face behind Little Monkeys Design. I love to work with natural fiber yarns to create crochet designs for beginner and advanced crocheters. I seem to be drawn to designing items that make great gifts – baby blankets, hats, cowls (above is my new Snow Day Cowl pattern), scarves and ponchos.”
- Angela says, “I have 5 children and they often model my crochet designs for me. This is my daughter Emma modeling one of my new patterns – the Chunky Hello Winter Hat – from my Winter Warmth Collection of crochet patterns. This hats was designed using Echoview chunky merino yarn.”
- Angela says, “I’ve discovered a love of creating cable stitches! I was so afraid of them at first, but they are a lot of fun! I have a boot cuff pattern of cables and now a hat pattern – Dreaming of the Slopes.”
- Angela says, “I like to thank my newsletter friends with free crochet patterns every now and then. I recently sent them a free pattern for a bookmark created with granny squares. I created it for a friend’s birthday present.” Join Angela’s newsletter here and get the free crochet pattern for the Granny Square Bookmark here.
- Angela says, “In the winter, I love to wear leg warmers under my skirts to keep warm – though it doesn’t get too cold in Nashville where I live. Leg warmers are especially cute on chubby baby legs!” Buy the On Your Toes Legwarmers pattern here.
- Angela says,”A great gift for a friend who crochets is a crochet kit – a pattern and the yarn needed to create the project. This kit is for my popular Pure and Simple Baby Blanket crochet pattern created with organic cotton yarn from Appalachian Baby.”
- Angela says,”One of my first crochet patterns that I designed was my Hannah Boot Cuffs, named after one of my daughters. They utilize several different crochet stitches to create a unique textured boot cuff. The shells across the top add some femininity.”
- Angela says, “This fall my Fiona Poncho pattern has been the best seller of all my crochet patterns. It’s easy enough for a beginner crocheter with some experience to crochet. The cowl neck is the cherry on top!”
- Angela says, “I designed my new Crazy Jesse hat pattern for my little guy, Cade Jesse, though it comes in sizes baby – adult. It is a fun and easy pattern for anyone wanting to work beyond a single crochet stitch.”
- Angela says, “You will often find me designing crochet patterns for babies. Here is one of my new baby bonnet patterns – Color Me Happy Baby Bonnet. They sold well at a recent craft fair I attended. This pattern was designed using Mountain Meadow Wool Merino yarn.”