Week 6 of the New Year, New Skill crochet-a-long is all about Solomon’s Knot (also known as Lover’s Knot) and this week features four patterns by four designers. (If you’re just hearing about the CAL, you can find more details and a regularly updated schedule here.)
This post contains affiliate links.
Week 6: Solomon’s Knot (Lover’s Knot)
Confession time: Solomon’s Knot (also known as Lover’s Knot) is one of the specialty crochet techniques that I’ve never tried! I’m looking forward to learning more about this technique that creates beautiful, lacy stitches.
How to join the New Year, New Skill CAL
- Get the full schedule here. You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #calcentralcrochet on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join our Facebook or Ravelry groups.
- Each week, our featured designers will be available to answer questions in our groups and to share some of their other work with you.
- By the end of the CAL you’ll have up to 26 beautiful projects and will have learned or mastered 7 different skills.
Choose one (or more) of these patterns to help you learn or master Solomon’s Knot
- Blueberry Hill shawl with photo tutorial by Stitches ‘N’ Scraps.
- Loves Me Loves Me Knot Scarf with photo tutorial by Kaleidoscope ArtNGifts. This pattern is available for free through the end of the CAL with coupon code LOVESMEKNOTFREE.
- Loopy De Loop Necklace with video tutorial by M2H Designs.
- Solomon’s Knot (Lover’s Knot) Stitch video tutorial with links to patterns using this stitch by Naztazia.