On the weekends, I’ve been inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends to takeover my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, afterwards I share a roundup including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for the latest #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup? My latest guest is crochet designer and crafts blogger Erica Dietz from 5 Little Monsters. I have had the pleasure of getting to meet Erica in real life and she is very talented! You can also find her online on Facebook, G+, Instagram, Pinterest, Ravelry, and Twitter.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
It’s time for this weekend’s #undergroundcraftertakeover! Our guest this week is Erica from @fivelittlemonsters. Erica says, “Hi, My name is Erica and on my blog 5 Little Monsters. I love to share all of the different crafts that I make. I love to crochet so you will find lots of free #crochet patterns along with some #sewing, #embroidery, #vinyl crafts, and more. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah with my husband and 6 kids (I only had 5 when I started my blog, hence the name). My kids keep me busy and crafting is what keeps me sane. One of the reasons I love #crocheting so much is because, unlike some other crafts, it is something I can do anywhere: at the park while the kids play, in the school pickup lane, or sitting at home on my couch.” Head over to Erica’s profile, which includes the direct link to her blog. #crochetersofinstagram #crochetblogger #crochetdesigner #freepatterns #freecrochetpatterns #instacrochet #crocheted #undergroundcrafter
- Erica says, “Many of my projects are inspired by my family, especially my children. This crocheted ASL I love you hand is one example of that. Three of my children are deaf so sign language is a very important part of our family life. I feel like they are a huge source of inspiration to me in the projects that I make.” Get the free crochet pattern for the ASL I Love You Hand here.
- Erica says, “My family is also pretty geeky and that is another big source of inspiration for my projects. Whether it be superheroes, Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Doctor Who, chances are I have a project inspired by your favorite fandom. My favorite is probably Harry Potter and this blanket is one of my favorite projects.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Hogwarts House Scarves Blanket here.
- Erica says, “One of my favorite things to do is make dishcloths. I love trying out new stitches and dishcloths a perfect way to do that. These diagonal ridge dishcloths are some of my favorites.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Diagonal Weave Dishcloths here.
- Erica says, “I also love making scarves as a way to try out new stitches and yarns. They are typically pretty quick to make and a great way to try out something new.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Through the Cracks Cowl here.
- Erica says, “Another thing I like making are stuffed animals and dolls. I have made all sorts of different animals and I have several of these boxy animals that are made with a rectangular base, but of those this fox is my personal favorite.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Boxy Fox here.
- Erica says, “Seasonal crafts can be a lot of fun to make and I have crafts for just about every holiday. I made these little owl ornaments at Christmas time but really they work great any time of the year.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Colorful Owl Ornaments here.
- Erica says, “My most recent pattern is an owl pillow with a pocket on the back to hold a book, or pajamas, or whatever other treasures you want to keep there. My girls all love it and really that is probably my favorite thing, seeing other enjoy the things that I make.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Owl Pocket Pillow here.