This is the twelfth (and final) post in my series of roundups for handmade gift ideas for the winter holiday season. This roundup includes 21 handmade mason jar gift ideas, including recipes for jar mixes and syrups, and mason jar glue gun decorations and crochet cozies. I’ve also included over 30 ideas for last-minute gifts that you can include inside of a mason jar.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
21 Handmade Mason Jar Gift Ideas
Roundup by Underground Crafter
Obviously, the recipes call for filling the mason jar with ingredients and some of the decorative patterns and tutorials include suggestions for what to include in the mason jar. But, if you need more gift ideas for what to include inside your mason jar, here are some of my suggestions. Since mason jars come in different sizes, not everything on this list will fit into every mason jar, but it’s a start! The links will take you to Amazon and all of the items I’ve linked are Prime-shipping eligible, so they make great components to last-minute gifts. Prime membership is $99 a year and includes free two-day shipping with no minimum order, a streaming video library, borrowing privileges for Kindle ebooks, and more. I’ve been a member for years and you can get a 30-day free trial here.
- For crafters: buttons, hot glue sticks, needles (including embroidery or yarn needles), crochet hooks or a Fix-a-Stitch kit (for knitters), child-safe scissors, spools of thread, embroidery floss, beads and wire, replacement blades for Cricut or Silhouette cutting machines
- For bakers: jar mix recipes (see below for 9 tasty options), measuring spoons, 1- or 2-ounce bottles of extracts, rolled up potholders
- For chocoholics: chocolate-themed jar mix recipes, assorted wrapped chocolates, candy bars
- For tea lovers: assorted tea bags, tea ball with loose tea sampler, tea spoons
- For teens and young adults: quarters for laundry, gift cards or cash wrapped in tissue paper, earbuds, texting gloves, hand sanitizer
- For kids: crayons, glue sticks, bubbles, magnets, small toy figures, novelty socks
Really, anything smallish that can be rolled or stuffed into a jar will do!
12 Mason Jar Decorations
These decorations include hot glue projects that can be put together quickly and crochet cozies that will take a little longer to work up.
- Little Santa Mason Jar Cozy by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This crochet Santa suit fits a pint-sized mason jar.
- Snowman Mason Jar by 30 Minute Crafts: This easy glue gun decoration includes a free printable and a video tutorial.
- Santa Belt Christmas Jar by Crazy Little Projects: This hot glue project includes a Santa printable and tips for decorating the jar, as well as a list of red gifts to include inside the mason jar.
Second row, from left to right:
- Sugared Cranberries Jar Gift by Mad in Crafts: This hot glue tutorial shows how to decorate a winter-themed mason jar to go with this recipe for Sugared Cranberries.
- Frosty Snowflake Mason Jar Cozy by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This crochet, winter-themed cozy fits a pint-sized mason jar.
- Drawstring Mason Jar Cozy by Underground Crafter: This unisex crochet cozy fits a quart-sized mason jar.
Third row, from left to right:
- Crochet Mason Jar Cozy by B.Hooked: This peek-a-boo crochet cozy includes a video tutorial and is sized to fit a quart-sized mason jar.
- Mason Jar Soap Dispenser with Owl Cozy by Yarnovations: This crochet cozy includes a pattern along with instructions for converting a pint-sized mason jar into a soap dispenser.
- Jar Full of Love Mason Jar Cozy by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This textured crochet cozy fits a pint-sized mason jar.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Christmas Tree Jar Topper by Stitch11 for Red Heart: This festive crochet jar topper fits a universal-sized mason jar lid.
- Pin-Cushion Jar Topper by Jessie At Home for Red Heart: This crochet jar topper fits both small and large lids and would make a great gift for your favorite quilter.
- Wide Mouth Canning Jar Cozy by Moogly: This crochet cozy includes a plain and decorative version for wide mouth mason jars.
9 Mason Jar Food Gifts
These nine recipes include sweet treats with printable labels, recipe cards, or decoration tips.
- Banana Dark Chocolate Bread in a Jar by The Country Chic Cottage: This recipe includes a printable label for the top of the jar and one for the recipe.
- Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar by Crazy Little Projects: This post includes recipes with printable labels and recipe cards for two cookie mason jar mixes (Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and Double Chocolate & Toffee Cookies).
- Hot Chocolate Mix by Mad in Crafts: This recipe also includes a short video to show how to put it all together.
Middle row, from left to right:
- Twix Cookie Mix in a Jar Recipe by The Country Chic Cottage: This cookie mix for candy lovers includes a printable recipe card.
- Oatmeal M&M Cookie Mix by Crafting Chicks: This recipe includes a printable recipe card.
- Salted Caramel Cider Sauce by Lydi Out Loud: This recipe includes a printable label and links to recipes for using the sauce.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Aloha Cookies by The Country Chic Cottage: These cookies are like a taste of Hawaii in a jar and the recipe includes a printable tag and Hawaiian shirt along with instructions for decorating your jar.
- Peppermint Brownies in a Jar by Tastefully Frugal: This brownie recipe includes a printable label and recipe card.
- Cherry Almond Cookie Jar Mix by Underground Crafter: This cookie recipe includes a printable recipe card.