It’s the Friday before Memorial Day, and that’s the unofficial start of the beach season where I live. I know many crocheters are looking for summertime projects to make, so I was inspired to put together a roundup of 20 free beach crochet patterns! I’m sure you’ll find a project that makes you want to pick up your hook in this collection including wraps and cover ups, sandals, bikini and halter tops, bags, a hat, and even a beach ball!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are © the respective designers/publishers and are used with permission.
20 Free Beach Crochet Patterns
Roundup by Underground Crafter
3 Beach Wraps
These shawls and wraps double as cover ups that can be tied at the waist. These are great for wearing year round.
- Justine Shawl by Underground Crafter,
- Beach Vacation Shawl by Posh Pooch Designs, and
- Tutti Frutti Beach Wrap by Fiber Flux (with video).
4 Beach Cover Ups
On the other hand, you might prefer to make something just for summer! These four, lacy cover ups include skirt and dress types as well as jacket style.
- Amazing Grace Bathing Suit Wrap by Beatrice Ryan Designs,
- Swimsuit Cover Up by Crafts by Starlight for Crafttown,
- Net Tank Dress by Maz Kwok Designs, and
- Changing Tides Cover by Cre8tion Crochet for Furls.
4 Beach Sandals
No day at the beach would be complete without a pair of sandals. These patterns include barefoot sandals, crocheted sandals, and crochet adornments for flip flops.
- Not Granny’s Gladiator Barefoot Sandals by Simply Collectible,
- Women’s Strap Flip Flops by Whistle and Ivy (with matching Baby Flip Flops pattern here),
- Beach Day Bareful Sandals by Oombawka Design, and
- Flip Flops by Happy in Red.
5 Bikinis and Halter Tops
Whether you’re looking for a handmade swimsuit or just a light weight top to wear in the simmering heat, you’re sure to find your next project in these five patterns, including two halters, two bikini tops, and a full bikini swimsuit.
- Hannah Crochet Festival Bikini Top by Kristin Omdahl,
- Sassy Summer Bikini by Yarnutopia (with video),
- Sand Dollar Bikini Top by Gleeful Things (with photo tutorial),
- Rheema Halter Top by Girlie’s Crochet, and
- Bikini Bow Top by The Purple Poncho.
4 More Beach Fun Patterns
These patterns include bags, a hat, and even a beach ball!
- Salt Grass Beach Hat by Salty Pearl Crochet,
- Classic Beach Bag by Little Monkeys Crochet,
- To the Beach Tote Bag by Goddess Crochet, and
- Beach Ball by Persia Lou.