The knitting pattern for the Tiny Double Moss Diamonds Square forms columns of diamonds using the double moss stitch. This is the fortieth pattern in the Harmony Blanket Knit Along.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Yarn for the sample was generously provided by Lion Brand.
About the Harmony Blanket KAL
- Get all the details on this KAL featuring 48 free knitting patterns by 13 designers here.
- Chat with other knitters in our KAL Corner Facebook group, or in this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- Sign up for the KAL Corner email list to get a weekly email when a new pattern is available.
If you make your own Tiny Double Moss Diamonds Square, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Tiny Double Moss Diamonds Square to your Ravelry favorites or queue.
Tiny Double Moss Diamonds Square
Knitting Pattern by Underground Crafter
- 6″ (15 cm) square.
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/170 yd/156 m) – 1 skein in 135 Rust, or approximately 41 yd (37.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size 7/4.5 mm knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 18 sts = 4″ (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- BO – bind off
- CO – cast on
- k – knit
- p – purl
- rep – repeat
- RS – right (front) side
- sl 1 – slip 1 st, knitwise
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
-  Rep instructions between brackets as indicated.
- Pattern repeat is any multiple of 6 sts, + 1 sts, + 8 sts for borders.
- CO 27 sts.
- Border Row 1: K to last st, p1.
- Border Row 2: Sl 1, k to last st, p1.
- Border Rows 3 & 4: Rep Row 2 twice.
Tiny Double Moss Diamonds Pattern
- Row 1: (RS) Sl 1, k3, *k3, p1, k2; rep from * across to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
- Row 2: Sl 1, k3, p1, *p2, k1, p3; rep from * across to last 4 sts, k3, p1.
- Row 3: Sl 1, k3, *k2, [p1, k1] twice; rep from * across to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
- Row 4: Sl 1, k3, p1, *[p1, k1] twice, p2; rep from * across to last 4 sts, k3, p1.
- Row 5: Sl 1, k3, *k1, p1; rep from * across to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
- Row 6: Sl 1, k3, p1, *k1, p1; rep from * across to last 4 sts, k3, p1.
- Row 7: Sl 1, k3, *k2, [p1, k1] twice; rep from * across to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
- Row 8: Sl 1, k3, p1, *[p1, k1] twice, p2; rep from * across to last 4 sts, k3, p1.
- Rep Rows 1-8 until square measures approximately 5.5″ (14 cm), ending after Row 8.
- Border Rows 1-4: Rep Border Row 2, 4 times.
- BO in pattern for Border Row 2. Fasten off with long yarn tail (approximately 3 times the width of square).