The Smoothie Infinity Scarf is a luxuriously soft infinity scarf that blends a variegated, chenille-like yarn with stitches at different heights to create texture and visual interest.
This is my second contribution to the fourth annual Scarf of the Month Club with Amy from The Stitchin’ Mommy and Rhondda from Oombawka Design. You can get the pattern for the Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf, my other Scarf of the Month Club pattern, here.
I knew that at some point, I was going to be making a scarf with it because it is just so cozy! When yet another cold spell hit the Northeast, I decided this week was the perfect time to whip up a quick and cozy infinity scarf!
The colors, the gently textured stitch pattern, and the softness of the yarn combined to remind me of a berry smoothie, and hence the Smoothie Infinity Scarf was born. The pattern is crocheted flat and then seamed, so if you prefer a straight scarf, you can wear it that way instead.
If you make your own Smoothie Infinity Scarf, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Smoothie Infinity Scarf to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.
Smoothie Infinity Scarf
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This luxuriously soft infinity scarf blends a variegated, chenille-like yarn with stitches at different heights to create texture and visual interest.
- Adult: 7” (18 cm) wide x 51” (129.5 cm) long.
- Red Heart Sweet Home yarn (100% polyester, 10.5 oz/300 g, 193 yd/177 m) – 1 skein in 9579 Berry Bliss, or approximately 193 yd (177 m) in any super bulky weight yarn.
- US Size N/P-15/10 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 8 sts = 4” (10 cm) across in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- *Repeat instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- () Repeat instructions between parentheses into same stitch.
- A helpful tutorial for seaming with the mattress stitch is available here.
- This scarf is crocheted flat and then seamed. To make a standard scarf, skip the seaming at the end.
- Ch 14, or any multiple of 2 sts.
- Row 1: Turn, *sk 1 ch, (sc, dc) in next st; rep from * across to last 2 ch, sk 1 ch, sc in last ch. (13 sts)
- Row 2: Turn, ch 1, (sc, dc) in first st, *sk 1 st, (sc, dc) in next st; rep from * across to last 2 sts, sk 1 st, sc in last st.
- Rep Row 2 until scarf measures approximately 51” (129.5 cm) long, or desired length. Fasten off with long yarn tail (approximately 18”/45.5 cm) for seaming.
- Thread yarn needle with long yarn tail. Seam short edges together using mattress stitch (see Pattern Notes).
- With yarn needle, weave in ends on inside of scarf.