The Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf is a crochet pattern for a simple, textured scarf. It works up quickly in a super bulky yarn. It was designed as a contributor pattern for the fourth annual Scarf of the Month Club.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Yarn for the sample was generously provided by Lion Brand.
Amy from The Stitchin’ Mommy and Rhondda from Oombawka Design are some of my favorite blogger buddies, so I’m very excited to be part of their fourth annual Scarf of the Month Club.
Earlier this week, I shared the free knitting pattern for the Seeds and Cables Scarf. It was made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Bonus Bundle yarn, a larger skein of Wool-Ease Thick and Quick with enough yarn for a scarf. I loved the idea of crocheting a larger project quickly and without weaving in a lot of ends, so I decided to make a crochet pattern using Bonus Bundle, too.
I took some of the photos at the Brooklyn Promenade (which you may recognize as the backdrop to the Promenade Shawl). It’s got the best view of the Manhattan skyline around.
Let me tell you a little about the Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf. I used the crunch stitch, which is one of my favorite stretchy, ribbed patterns. I sometimes use it for hat bands. It makes a really squishy, cozy infinity scarf.
The crunch stitch in the back loop also has a knit look, and it’s very unisex.
If you make your own Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.
Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This simple, textured scarf works up quickly in a super bulky yarn. It was designed as a contributor pattern for the 2019 Scarf of the Month Club.
- Adult: 6.5” (16.5 cm) wide x 51” (129.5 cm) long.
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Bonus Bundle yarn (80% acrylic/20% wool, 10 oz/283 g, 174 yd/157 m) – 1 skein in 544 Storm Frost, or approximately 174 yd (157 m) in any super bulky weight yarn.
- US Size N/P-15/10 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 16 sts = 6.5” (16.5 cm) across in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- BL – back loop only – Fiber Flux has a helpful video tutorial for identifying the back loop here.
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- rep – repeat
- slst – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- * Repeat instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- Ch 1 at beginning of Rows does not count as a stitch.
- A helpful photo tutorial for seaming with the mattress stitch is available here.
- Ch 17, or any odd number of sts.
- Row 1: Turn, sk 1 ch, *slst in next ch, hdc in next ch; rep from * across. (16 sts)
- Row 2: Turn, ch 1, starting in first st, *slstBL in next st, hdcBL in next st; rep from * across.
- Rep Row 2 until scarf measures approximately 51” (129.5 cm) long, or until desired length is reached. Fasten off with long yarn tail for seaming, approximately 24” (61 cm) long.
- Thread yarn needle with long yarn tail. Fold scarf in half lengthwise and join short ends together with yarn needle using whipstitch seam (see Pattern Notes).
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.
1 thought on “Crochet Pattern: Crunch Stitch Infinity Scarf”