The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along is the fifth annual year-end crochet along hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. We’ve brought together a record-breaking twenty-one of the top crochet designers out there to bring you free crochet patterns for winter holiday gifts and decorations. Fourteen of our favorite companies are providing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. Join us to make great gifts, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links
This is the main post for this crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2019 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL,
- 2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL Schedule,
- 2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the 2019 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along Works
Every Monday and Thursday from October 3 through December 12, 2019, we’ll share a free crochet pattern that’s perfect for a winter holiday gift or decoration. You can make these projects to keep or to gift while chatting with other crocheters in our groups.
Now in its fifth year, the Holiday Stashdown CAL is hosted by the CAL Central groups on Facebook and Ravelry. And, because crochet alongs are more fun with prizes, we’ve reached out to some of our favorite brands to get some amazing end-of-CAL giveaway prizes. Don’t forget to scroll to the end of this post by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 30, 2019 to enter for your chance to win!
How To Join the 2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet and #HolidayStashdown on all social media. You can also tag the pattern designer on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Facebook group or the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 21 wonderful projects to gift or keep.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL Schedule
The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along is a mystery CAL where projects are kept secret until the date of release. Each project is made with one skein of yarn, or less than 100 yards of yarn in each of the colors used, so you can feel free to make these with yarn in your stash. (If you want to buy yarn, that’s ok with us, too. We love yarn!) This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- October 3: Announcement and End-of-CAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- October 3: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- October 7: Pattern 2 by Two Brothers Blankets
- October 10: Pattern 3 by Blackstone Designs
- October 14: Pattern 4 by Hooked for Life
- October 17: Pattern 5 by The Purple Poncho
- October 21: Pattern 6 by Itchin’ for Some Stitchin‘
- October 24: Pattern 7 by Crochet for You
- October 28: Pattern 8 by Made with a Twist
- October 31: Pattern 9 by Nana’s Crafty Home
- November 4: Pattern 10 by Linda Dean
- November 7: Pattern 11 by Oombawka Design Crochet
- November 11: Pattern 12 by Goddess Crochet
- November 14: Pattern 13 by Jessie At Home
- November 18: Pattern 14 by The Stitchin Mommy
- November 21: Pattern 15 by Stitches n Scraps
- November 25: Pattern 16 by Cute as a Button Crochet
- November 28: Pattern 17 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- December 2: Pattern 18 by Naztazia
- December 5: Pattern 19 by The Unraveled Mitten
- December 9: Pattern 20 by Same Dynamics Crochet
- December 12: Pattern 21 by Moogly
- Crochet at your own pace
- December 30, 2019: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
Everybody knows that CAL Central gathers up the best crochet along prizes from around the web. This year will be no different! Some of our favorite companies are providing fifteen prizes for fifteen different winners! Read on for more details about the prizes and to enter for your chance to win.
AndeanSun Yarns will provide one lucky winner with a 3-skein pack of Baby Alpaca DK yarn. If you’ve never crocheted with alpaca yarn before, you are in for a treat! Show your support by following AndeanSun Yarns on Facebook | Instagram.
Athena’s Elements will provide one lucky winner with a prize package including a yarn bag tote and an ergonomic crochet hook set. Crochet in comfort while taking your project on the go! Show your support by following Athena’s Elements on Amazon | Facebook.
Banshee Fiber Art Studio will provide one lucky winner with any in-stock set of beautiful, handcrafted stitch markers. Show your support by following Banshee Fiber Art Studio on Facebook | Instagram.
Clover USA will provide one lucky winner with a prize package including 2 Amour hooks in the winner’s choice of sizes, a Swatch Ruler and Needle Gauge, and a Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set. You’ll have all the tools you need to make your next project perfect. Show your support by following Clover USA on Facebook | Instagram.
From Me To Yarn will provide one lucky winner with a skein of luxurious worsted (medium) weight hand dyed yarn in the winner’s choice of color. How beautiful is this?! Show your support by following From Me to Yarn on Facebook | Instagram.
Hooked for Life Publishing will provide one lucky winner with both a Hookers Rule sticker and Hookers Ruler enamel pin. Now everyone will know how much you love to crochet! Show your support by following Hooked for Life on Facebook | Instagram.
I Like Crochet will provide one lucky winner with a Gold Club membership, including access to over 700 patterns (including 24 of my designs). Show your support by following I Like Crochet on Facebook | Instagram.
Kelly Connor Designs will provide one lucky winner with a personalized crochet hook bag. Carry your crochet hooks in style! Show your support by following Kelly Connor Designs on Facebook | Instagram.
Knitter’s Pride will provide one lucky winner with prize package including a Vibrance Pouch set, a Flora Shawl Stick, a crochet hook with Soft Feel Handle in size US H/8, and a Meow ZOONI Stitch Marker set. Have fun crocheting and showing off your next shawl! Show your support by following Knitter’s Pride on Facebook | Instagram.
Kraemer Yarns will provide one lucky winner with winner’s choice of the I’ve Got Your Yarn Right Here basket kit or the Winter’s Burst scarf kit. These kits have patterns and yarn included. Show your support by following Kraemer Yarns on Facebook | Instagram.
Mountain Street Arts will provide one lucky winner with the winner’s choice of design for a set of 30 personalized crochet labels. Now everyone will know which projects you made by hand. Show your support by following Mountain Street Arts on Facebook | Instagram.
OttLite will provide one lucky winner with an LED Crane Lamp with Clamp. With three points of adjustment and a rotating head, you will be able to direct OttLite Natural Daylight Illumination at your crochet project whenever you need it! Show your support by following OttLite on Facebook | Instagram.
Search Press North America will provide one lucky winner with a prize package including Colorful Wayuu Bags to Crochet: A Guide to Making Tapestry Crochet Bags by Rianne de Graaf, Beginner’s Guide to Tunisian Crochet: With 10 Modern Projects for You and Your Home by Emma Guess, Mabel Bunny & Co.: 15 Loveable Animals to Crochet Using Chunky Yarn by Claire Gelder, and Quick and Easy Crochet: 100 Little Crochet Projects to Make. You’ll have enough project inspiration to keep you crocheting through 2020! Clean your handmade goodies the natural way! Show your support by following Search Press North America on Facebook | Instagram.
Unicorn will provide one lucky winner with a 4 oz. set of Power Scour, Fibre Wash, and Fibre Rinse with a unicorn plush. Clean your handmade goodies the natural way! Show your support by following Unicorn on Facebook | Instagram.
Enter the 2019 Holiday Stashdown CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2019 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 30, 2019.
- Fifteen winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too!