Are you looking for a quick and simple crochet project to add a touch of handmade to your workspace? Then you’ll love the Macrame Cord Utility Basket by guest designer, Raji’s Craft Hobby!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos in this post are © Rajeshwari Singh/Raji’s Craft Hobby and are used with permission.
About Raji’s Craft Hobby
Rajeshwari Singh (also known as Raji) is the blogger behind Raji’s Crafty Hobby. Raji is a human resources professional with a passion for handmade arts and crafts, an avid bookworm, and a complete craft addict. Some of Raji’s favorite crafts include crochet, clay, paper, drawing, embroidery, and sewing.
Though Raji’s love for arts and crafts started at a young age, there was no time for crafting once she became busy with professional life. It wasn’t until 2016, after Raji’s first baby was born, that she started her blog. She truly believes everyone has a creative side, but sometimes you just need inspiration to find it.
Show your support by following Raji on Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | YouTube
Macrame Cord Utility Basket
Crochet Pattern by Raji’s Craft Hobby
Looking for something quick and useful to make??? You have come to the right place! This Simple Macrame Cord Crochet Utility Basket is just the project you might want to whip up! Working with Macrame Cord is actually very fun. Being on the thicker side, any project with macrame cord just works up pretty quick and is also very easy to handle.
Today am sharing the pattern for this easy and simple for Macrame Cord Utility Basket. I have used Single Crochet Cross Stitch for this basket. This is a simple stitch which offers a truly unique look.
The pattern is quite simple and easy to follow even for some absolute beginners.
- Macrame Cord
- 6 mm Crochet Hook
- Start with a Magic Circle.
- Chain 2. This is not counted as a stitch. This is just to bring the cord to a working height.
- Make 12 Double Crochet in the Magic Circle.
- Pull the yarn end to close the loop. Pull it tight so that there is no gap seen.
- Slip Stitch on top of the first Double Crochet (and not on the Chain 2).
- Start with Chain 2. Again, this will not be counted as a stitch. This is just to bring the cord to a working height.
- 2 Double Crochet in each Stitch around.
- Slip stitch on top of the first Double Crochet to end the round.
- 24 stitches at the end of this round.
- I stopped with the increases with this round. This base measures around 4 inches (10 cm).
- If you wish to make a bigger basket you can continue with the increase rounds.
- This is how you will make the increases:
- Round 3–DC1, 2DC in next stitch(36)
- Round 4–DC 2, 2DC in next stitch(48)
- Round 5–DC 3, 2DC in next stitch(60)
- Round 6–DC 4, 2DC in next stitch(72)
- …..and so on.
- Start every round with Chain 2.
- 1 Single Crochet in the Back Loops only in each Stitch. This will make the turning ridge for the basket.
- This round onwards, you will be working in continuous rounds.
- 1 Single Crochet Cross Stitch in each stitch around until you reach the height you intend to make.
How to make Single Crochet Cross Stitch:
- This stitch is very pretty and easy to make. This is similar to Single Crochet.
- Instead of yarn over the hook, position your hook pointing down and grab the yarn and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through two loops on hook.
- This will give you the pretty cross effect to your project.
- Continue working in rounds.
- 1 Slip Stitch in each Stitch around.
- Weave off the yarn ends.
There you go!!!! Your basket is ready to store your utilities. I use mine to store my Crochet Hooks.
2 thoughts on “Crochet Macrame Cord Basket by Raji’s Craft Hobby”
Wow very nice, superb
Beautiful single crochet cross stitch. Thanks so much!