Wan from KnitcroAddict is back as a guest contributor, and she’s sharing this easy baby crochet baby blanket pattern with a video tutorial. She also includes instructions for adjusting the size if you’d like to use this stitch pattern for a larger blanket.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos in this post are © Wannipa Yunker/KnitcroAddict and are used with permission. Yarn for the sample was provided by Yarnspirations.
Wan, the designer behind KnitcroAddict, is a native of Thailand with 8 years of crochet experience. She learned basic English and crocheting by watching YouTube, eventually starting her own YouTube channel in 2018. She had never made a video, written a pattern, and had barely made any garments before. Her passion for crochet and teaching others has driven her to develop the necessary skills to make and share her designs, and her talent. From winter cardigans to summer tank tops, KnitcroAddict has a design for you.
Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
Pattern by KnitcroAddict
Hello everyone, I’m Wan from KnitcroAddict and I’m so happy to be back at Underground Crafter to share another pattern with you.
Today, I have an amazingly easy, beginner friendly baby blanket. It could be used as a lap blanket or throw as well, but the size is technically closer to a baby blanket. Fortunately, it is so simple to adjust the sizes, so you can go any direction you choose.
I used Bernat Softee Baby Cotton yarn, and there’s no better yarn for a baby blanket in my opinion. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used it on other projects and thought “this will make an incredible baby blanket!” Finally, here it is!
I hope everyone enjoys this one. Who doesn’t love a good blanket?
- #3 Light/DK weight yarn
- I used Bernat Softee Baby Cotton yarn #3 Light/DK weight yarn
- Crochet hook size 6 mm
- Yarn needle
Stitches Used & Code
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- REP = repeat
- sk = skip
- sp = space
- st = stitch(es)
- sc = single crochet
- ” = inches
- This pattern is in multiples of 4+1 ch
- This pattern is a 2 row repeat (Row 2 and 3)
- A video tutorial for this pattern is displayed below. Scroll down for the written pattern.
- 18 st (dc and ch sp) X 9 rows = 4″ (10 cm)
- 4 balls of Bernat Softee Baby Cotton yarn or about 1,000 yards (914.5 m)
Measurements (After Blocked)
- 35.33″ (90 cm) Width X 40.44″ (103 cm) Long
- Row 1: ch 161, sk 3 ch (count as 1 dc), 1 dc into each of next 2 ch, *ch 1, sk next ch, 1 dc into each of next 3 ch. REP from * across.
- Row 2: Turn, ch 1 (do not count as a st), 1 sc into first st, *ch 3, 1 sc into next ch 1 sp. REP from * across (For the last sc make into the third ch).
- Row 3: Turn, ch 3 (count as 1 dc), 2 dc into first ch 3 sp, *ch 1, 3 dc into next ch 3 sp. REP from * across (For the last dc make into the sc st).
- REP Row 2 and 3: 44 more times. Total of 91 rows
- *If you want a longer blanket, just keep repeating row 2 and 3 more times.
- At the end of row 91, cut the yarn and weave all the ends and you’re done. YAY.