I’m so excited to introduce Lauren from Knit A Bit, Crochet Away for the first of two guest posts! Lauren is sharing a cute striped crochet baby blanket pattern with us today. The Bubblegum Baby Blanket is a fun way to add color to a nursery.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos in this post are © Lauren Savidge/Knit A Bit, Crochet Away and are used with permission. Yarn for the sample was generously provided by Paintbox Yarns.
About Knit A Bit, Crochet Away
Lauren Savidge is an energy and environmental policy attorney by day, and the designer, yarn dyer, and knitter/crocheter behind Knit A Bit, Crochet Away. Lauren lives in Connecticut with her loving husband, son, and dog, and can usually be found with her project bag in tow.
Share your support by following Lauren on Website | Etsy | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | YouTube
Bubblegum Baby Blanket
Striped Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern by Knit A Bit, Crochet Away
- Stitches that appear between * and * should be worked until the end, unless otherwise indicated.
- 2 skeins Paintbox Yarns, Simply Aran in Paper White (Color A)
- 1 skein Paintbox Yarns, Simply Aran in Blush Pink (Color B)
- 1 skein Paintbox Yarns, Simply Aran in Seafoam Blue (Color C)
- 1 skein Paintbox Yarns, Simply Aran in Candyfloss Pink (Color D)
- Size H (US) 5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- 32” (81.5 cm) x 34” (86.5 cm)
- 14 sts x 12 rows = 4” (10 cm) in SC
- Ch – chain
- DC – double crochet
- HDC – half double crochet
- SC – single crochet
- St(s) – stitch(es)
- In Color A, Ch 116
- Row 1 (Color A): 1 HDC in second ch from hook, 1 HDC in each ch across
- Row 2 (Color A): Ch 1, 1 HDC in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, 1 HDC in next st*
- Row 3 (Color B): Ch 1, *1 SC in next HDC, 1 DC in ch space* until last st, 1 SC in last HDC
- Row 4 (Color B): Ch 2, *1 DC in next SC, 1 SC in next DC* until last st, 1 DC in next SC
- Row 5 (Color B): Ch 1, *1 SC in next DC, 1 DC in next SC* until last st, 1 SC in next DC
- Row 6 (Color B): Repeat Row 4
- Row 7 (Color A): Ch 1, 1 HDC in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, 1 HDC in next st*
- Row 8 (Color A): Ch 2, *1 HDC in ch space, ch 1* until last st, 1 HDC in last st
- Rows 9-12: Repeat Rows 3-6 in Color C
- Rows 13-14: Repeat Rows 7-8 in Color A
- Rows 15-18: Repeat Rows 3-6 in Color D
- Rows 19-20: Repeat Rows 7-8 in Color A
- Rows 21-24: Repeat Rows 3-6 in Color B
- Repeat Rows 7-24 two additional times.
- Repeat Rows 7-18 one additional time.
- Row 25: Repeat Row 7 in Color A
- Row 26 (Color A): Ch 2, *1 HDC in ch space, 1 HDC in next HDC*
- Cut yarn. Weave in ends using tapestry needle.