Today I’m sharing the third of three giant crochet food patterns designed for Fairfield World, the company behind Poly-Fil fiber filling. Each of these crochet food patterns has a seasonal theme. Our winter theme is a gingerbread doll crochet pattern for the Gingerbread Friends!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Additional materials for this project were generously provided by Clover USA and Lion Brand.
When I was designing this gingerbread doll crochet pattern, I thought about ways to customize each “cookie” so that people could make a set with each doll being unique.
I wanted the customizations to be simple, so if you were crocheting a lot of these, you would be able to make small changes. For each of my Gingerbread Friends, I made chest buttons, a scarf, and a bow. These bows could be positioned as hair bows…
…or as bow ties.
Even with the same eyes, you could make the icing mouths different and that really changes the mood. Using different or alternating colors for the buttons and the scarves changes things up, too. And, of course, the decision to have your Gingerbread Friend wearing a scarf…
…or not wearing a scarf changes the look as well.
How will you customize your Gingerbread Friends?
The pattern includes enough materials to make two, so if you’d like to make more you’ll need more yarn.
The Gingerbread Friends are mostly crocheted flat, with the Face and seam crocheted in the round. Stuffed with Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill, they are huggable and washable, too.
Gingerbread Doll Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Make each one of these ragdoll style amigurumi unique, just like homestyle gingerbread cookies.
- 11.5” (29.5 cm) tall x 9” (23 cm) across before stuffing.
Materials To Make 2 Friends
- Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn (100% acrylic, 16 oz/454 g, 1,020 yd/932 m) – 1 skein in 126 Umber (CA), or approximately 400 yd (365 m) in CA in any medium weight yarn.
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Premium yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/219 yd/220 m) – 1 skein each in 100 Snow (CB), 113 Garnet (CC), and 172 Ivy (CD), or approximately 10 yd (9 m) in CB, and 40 yd (36.5 m) each in CC and CD in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 32 ounce bag.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
- Face through Rnd 11 = 4.25” (11 cm) diameter with smaller hook. Exact gauge is not required for this pattern. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Gingerbread Friends, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Gingerbread Friends to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.