The KAL Corner Facebook group is excited to bring you the first of three knit alongs for 2021: the Hat Knit Along! We’ve brought together six of your favorite knitting designers to share free knitting patterns for hats during the early months of 2021. Join us to make fun projects, chat with other knitters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for the 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner Works,
- How To Join the 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner,
- 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner Schedule,
- 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway.
How the 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner Works
Every other Wednesday from January 6 through March 17, 2021, we’ll share a free knitting pattern. We’ve partnered with Clover USA, Collins & Brown, Guild of Master Craftsman (GMC) Publications, KnitCrate, and Sixth & Spring Books to bring you some great prizes in our end-of-KAL giveaway. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway by scrolling to the bottom of this post by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
How To Join the 2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner
- Sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including links to new KAL patterns, each week. When you sign up, you’ll also get access to my subscriber vault which includes exclusive free PDF patterns, a coupon code for your choice of any crochet or knitting pattern or ebook from my Ravelry shop, and coupon codes from other indie designers and crafts businesses.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCornerKnitting on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 6 cozy knitted hats to wear, gift, sell, or donate. You’ll also have the chance to win great prizes!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2021 Hat Knit Along with KAL Corner Schedule
This list will be updated during the KAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- January 6: Announcement and End-of-KAL Giveaway Information (you are here).
- January 6: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- January 20: Pattern 2 by Stitches n Scraps
- February 3: Pattern 3 by Jessie At Home
- February 17: Pattern 4 by ChristaCoDesign
- March 3: Pattern 5 by Stitches by Debbie
- March 17: Pattern 6 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- Knit at your own pace.
- March 31, 2021: Deadline for entering the end-of-KAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
- Our next KAL starts on April 7, 2021!
2021 Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes
We love including prizes from our favorite companies at the end of every KAL Corner Knit Along. Clover USA, Collins & Brown, GMC Publications, KnitCrate, and Sixth & Spring have joined us to provide four wonderful prizes for our knit along participants.
Clover USA is providing one lucky winner with a Pom Pom Maker Set including pom pom makers in four sizes. I always use Clover Pom Pom Makers for perfect pom poms made from yarn! Show your support by following Clover USA on Facebook | Instagram.
KnitCrate is providing one lucky winner with 3 months of KnitCrate membership to the original and fabulous yarn subscription service with other goodies for knitters sent straight to your home. Show your support by following KnitCrate on Facebook | Instagram.
These publishers provided me with review copies of the following books, which I will be shipping out to lucky winners!
The Knitter’s Activity Book by Sincerely Lucy was provided by Collins & Brown, an imprint of Pavilion Books. This isn’t your typical knitting book and it includes faux taxidermy animals to knit along with puzzles, trivia, and games. Show your support by following Pavilion Books on Facebook | Instagram.
Norah Gaughan: 40 Timeless Knits was provided by Sixth & Spring. This pattern collection includes 40 patterns by Norah Gaughan published in Vogue Knitting over the years. Show your support by following Sixth & Spring on Facebook | Instagram.
Enter the 2021 Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-KAL giveaway for the 2021 Kat Knit Along with KAL Corner. The Knit Along is hosted by KAL Corner and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the five prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook group, too!