I’m delighted to share a crochet polar bear pattern today in early celebration of International Polar Bear Day! You’ll have plenty of time to make your own Polar Bear Pal before February 27.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Additional materials for this project were generously provided by Clover USA, Lion Brand, and Nelsonwood.
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been fascinated by polar bears. They are just so beautiful to look at and seem highly intelligent and sensitive. Every year, Polar Bears International celebrates International Polar Bear Day on February 27 as a way to bring attention to the challenges facing polar bears due to climate change. This year, I decided to create a crochet polar bear pattern. My version of the Polar Bear Pal is not thrilled about the situation, so I made the mouth with a little underbite of annoyance. You can position yours differently if you’d like it to have a happier expression.
Polar Bear Pal
Crochet Polar Bear Pattern by Underground Crafter
This adorable crochet polar bear pattern is beginner friendly and makes a great gift!
- Softie: 10” (25.5 cm) tall x 8.5” (21.5 cm) wide before seaming and stuffing.
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Premium yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/219 yd/220 m) – 2 skeins in 100 Snow, or approximately 325 yd (297 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Nelsonwood Black Cat US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 32 ounce bag.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch markers.
- 15 mm black triangle craft nose – 1.
- 15 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
- 19 sc = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern but stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Polar Bear Pal, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Polar Bear Pal to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.