The Softie CAL is the second crochet along of 2021 hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups and its our fourth annual edition of this crochet along. We’ve brought together ten of your favorite crochet designers to bring you free crochet patterns for softies (including amigurumi, dolls, stuffies, and more) stuffed with Fairfield Poly-Fil or Poly Pellets. Join us to make wonderful projects, chat with other crocheters, and enter for your chance to win a prize!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for 2021 Softie crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2021 Softie Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2021 Softie CAL,
- 2021 Softie Crochet Along Schedule,
- 2021 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2021 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the 2021 Softie Crochet Along Works
Every Monday from April 5 through June 7, 2021, we’ll share a free crochet pattern for a softie. Thank you to Fairfield Processing Inc. for providing each participating designer with Poly-Fil fiber filling or Poly-Fil Poly Pellets weighted stuffing beads!
You can make these softies to keep, for gifts, or to donate to charity while chatting with other crocheters in our groups and sharing your projects. We love partnering with our favorite companies to bring you great prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaways. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway by scrolling to the bottom of this blog post by Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
How To Join the 2021 Softie CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet on all social media. If you use Fairfield Poly-Fil or Poly-Fil Poly Pellets, tag #fairfieldworld on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Facebook group or visit this thread in the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 10 awesome projects for adorable softies, amigurumi, stuffies, dolls, and more!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2021 Softie Crochet Along Schedule
This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- April 5: 2021 Softie CAL Announcement and End-of-CAL giveaway (you are here)
- April 5: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- April 12: Pattern 2 by 3amgracedesigns
- April 19: Pattern 3 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- April 26: Pattern 4 by The Loopy Lamb
- May 3: Pattern 5 by Stitches n Scraps
- May 10: Pattern 6 by The Blue Elephants
- May 17: Pattern 7 by Jessie At Home
- May 24: Pattern 8 by Hooked by Kati
- May 31: Pattern 9 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- June 7: Pattern 10 by Oombawka Design
- Crochet at your own pace
- Sunday, June 13, 2021: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter)
2021 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
We love to collaborate with fabulous companies to bring you amazing prizes at the end of each CAL Central Crochet Along. This post will be updated in April to bring you more information about the prizes.
Continue on to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a prize!
Enter the 2021 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2021 Softie Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, June 13, 2021.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have three days to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within three days, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too!