I’m introducing King Cole Cottonsmooth DK yarn today, along with a collection of patterns using this yarn, and a giveaway for your chance to win a skein along with a crochet hook with a handmade, ergonomic handle. Read on for details!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. I am a King Cole Brand Ambassador and this post is part of our ongoing collaboration.
All About King Cole Cottonsmooth DK Yarn
As a King Cole Brand Ambassador, I often get a chance to sneak peek yarns before they are released. Cottonsmooth DK was introduced in the spring, but I got the chance to check it out before that.
Cottonsmooth DK is available from your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK. Before I get into the pattern collection and giveaway, let me share some yarn facts.
King Cole Cottonsmooth DK is available in 3.5 ounce (100 gram) center-pull skeins. Currently, there are 10 different solid colorways. The fiber content is 100% mercerized cotton. The mercerization process gives the yarn a shiny luster and makes it smooth and strong. In the US, this type of yarn is often referred to as crochet cotton thread. Each skein includes 218 yards (200 meters) of yarn. As the name suggests, Cottonsmooth DK is a DK yarn (#3/light) weight category. Cottonsmooth DK projects can be machine washed at up to 40 degrees Celsius/104 degrees Fahrenheit and should not be machine dried. Instead, lay flat to air dry. I would recommend washing on a cold, delicate cycle (such as woolens). Watch Susan and Joanne from King Cole introduce Cottonsmooth DK in the video below. They also show off some of the patterns using Cottonsmooth DK that you can get through your local yarn shop.
King Cole Cottonsmooth DK Pattern Roundup
If you’re looking for projects to make with Cottonsmooth DK, I’ve pulled together several I found online to get you started.
- Spring Blanket Shawl by Oombawka Design Crochet Free, 9 skeins for striped or 8 skeins for 1 color, crochet pattern
- Marielle Mommy and Me Set by Creations by Courtney: Free, 1-6 skeins (based on size and whether hat only or hat and scarf), crochet pattern
- Shelley Tote by KT and the Squid: free, 2 skeins, knitting
There are also several King Cole Cottonsmooth DK pattern leaflets that you can buy online.
- 5744 includes two knitting patterns for a cardigan and top
- 5745 includes two knitting patterns for a cardigan and top
- 5746 includes two knitting patterns for a cardigan and sweater (pullover)
- 5747 includes two knitting patterns for a cardigan and sweater (pullover)
- 5748 includes two knitting patterns for a jacket and a waistcoat
- 5749 includes two knitting patterns for a cardigan and sweater (pullover)
- 5750 includes two knitting patterns for children’s cardigans
- 5751 includes two knitting patterns for children, a cardigan and a sweater (pullover)
- 5843 includes two crochet patterns for a wrap and a shawl
- 5844 includes two crochet patterns for a wrap and a shawl
Check your local yarn shop for more King Cole pattern leaflets.
After learning more about King Cole Cottonsmoooth DK, you are probably ready to get your hands on this yarn! You can buy it now from your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK, or enter the giveaway below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, August 14, 2022 for your chance to win one skein of King Cole Cottonsmooth DK yarn in 3524 Latte, a PJB Boutique ergonomic crochet hook with a handmade polymer clay handle in size US 7/4.5 mm, and Knitty City measuring tape.