I’m sharing the easy crochet scarf pattern for the Cushy Color Blocked Scarf today as part of the Quick Christmas Crochet Makes Blog Hop and Pattern Bundle! The pattern is forever free on my blog,
but this amazing ebook is only available through November 25, 2022, so read on for details!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. I am a King Cole Brand Ambassador and this post is part of our ongoing collaboration.
If you’re like most crocheters, you love to make gifts for your friends and family during the winter holiday season. The Quick Christmas Crochet Makes Blog Hop and Pattern Bundle includes 32 fabulous crochet patterns by your favorite designers for fun gift ideas that are quick to make.
When Susanna from Fosbas Designs invited me to join her Quick Christmas Crochet Makes Blog Hop and Pattern Bundle, I knew I wanted to make an easy crochet scarf pattern.
But let’s be real: scarves can take forever to make! So, when I came across King Cole Tufty Super Chunky yarn, an idea started percolating. With these mega skeins of super chunky yarn, I could make a complete scarf very quickly. And, the yarn texture would make for a luxurious feel and a great look!
My contribution to the Quick Christmas Crochet Makes Blog Hop and Pattern Bundle is the Cushy Color Blocked Scarf. This is an easy crochet scarf pattern but it makes for a dramatic look with the combination of the textured yarn and the color blocking.
There are two ways to participate in the Quick Christmas Crochet Makes Blog Hop and Pattern Bundle.
- Visit the Quick Christmas Crochet Makes Blog Hop page daily through November 22, 2022 to find out about the daily pattern and get the coupon code for a free download. Coupon codes are valid until 7:59 am London time on the following day.
Buy the Pattern Bundle with all 32 included patterns through 7:59 am London time on Friday, November 25, 2022.
If you make your own Cushy Color Blocked Scarf, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter on on Instagram as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Cushy Color Blocked Scarf to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.
Cushy Color Blocked Scarf
Easy Crochet Scarf Pattern by Underground Crafter
This easy crochet scarf pattern makes a dramatic statement! A textured yarn combined with color blocking will keep you warm all winter.
- Adult Narrow/Adult Wide. Photographed sample is Adult Wide.
- Adult Narrow: 5” (13 cm) wide x 58” (147.5 cm) long.
- Adult Wide: 7” (18 cm) wide x 52” (132 cm) long.
- King Cole Tufty Super Bulky yarn (100% polyester, 7 oz/200 g, 87 yd/80 m) – 1 (2) skeins each in 2794 Cream (CA) and 2796 Beige (CB), or approximately 87 yd (104.5 yd)/80 m (96 m) in each of 2 colors in any super bulky weight, polyester yarn.
- US Size M-13/9 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Clover bent-tip yarn needle.
- 8.5 sc = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- Ch 1 at start of rows does not count as a stitch.
- With CB, ch 10 (16).
- Row 1: Turn, skip 1 ch, sc in next ch and in each ch across. – 10 (15) sts
- Row 2: Turn, ch 1, sc in first st and in each st across.
- For Adult Narrow: Repeat Row 2 until scarf measures approximately 29” (73.5) cm long (or approximately half of desired length), changing to CA in last yo of final sc (see video below).
- For Adult Wide: Repeat Row 2 until scarf measures approximately 26” (66) cm long (or approximately half of desired length, changing to CA in last yo of final sc (see video below).
- The helpful video below tutorial demonstrates how to change colors and crochet over yarn tails in single crochet.
- If you can’t see the video tutorial above, click HERE to watch it on Facebook.
- Fasten off CB. Continue with CA.
- For Both Sizes: With CA, repeat Row 2 until side of scarf in CB is same length as side of scarf in CB. Fasten off CA.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.