I’m so excited to announce our latest CAL Central crochet along: the Washcloth CAL! When we were planning this CAL, we picked washcloths because they are perfect patterns for summer crocheting. Washcloths are made in cotton yarns, which are breathable so you can crochet even in the hottest weather. Washcloths are portable, so you can work on them during your summer travels. And, you can use washcloths any time of year, so you don’t have to set them aside until the weather cools down — you can use or gift your washcloth right away! We’ve gathered ten talented crochet designers together to bring you ten free crochet patterns for this crochet along.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
Read on for more details, including
- How the 2018 Washcloth CAL works,
- How to join the 2018 Washcloth CAL,
- 2018 Washcloth CAL schedule,
- 2018 Washcloth CAL end-of-CAL giveaway prizes, and
- Enter the 2018 Washcloth CAL giveaway.
How the 2018 Washcloth CAL Works
Every Monday from June 18 through August 20, 2018, we’ll share a free crochet pattern for a washcloth. You can make quick washcloth projects to keep or to gift while chatting with other crocheters in our groups. Cascade Yarns generously provided yarn support to all participating designers, so all of our patterns are made in Cascade Ultra Pima or Ultra Pima Paints, light (#3/DK) weight, 100% cotton yarns. Ultra Pima is a smooth and ultra soft cotton yarn available in stunning colors. Ultra Pima Paints is the hand painted version of Ultra Pima. You can find Cascade Yarns in most local yarn shops and online via LoveCrochet (Ultra Pima and Ultra Pima Paints) and Amazon (Ultra Pima and Ultra Pima Paints).
Cascade Yarns, Chickadee Sewing & Crochet, Navi’s Handmade, and Pastiche Accessories have generously provided us with end-of-CAL prizes. Don’t forget to share a picture of each of your completed projects at the end of this post by 11:59 p.m. on August 27, 2018 to enter for your chance to win!
How To Join the 2018 Washcloth CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentral on all social media. You can also tag @cascadeyarns or use the #cascadeyarns tag when you make your washcloth with any Cascade yarns.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Facebook group or visit this thread in the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- I’ll also be sharing links to each pattern (along with other patterns and crafty goodies) in my weekly newsletter. You can sign up here if you’d like.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 10 awesome projects. Make beautiful washcloths while having fun with us!
2018 Washcloth CAL Schedule
Be sure to visit the participating designers so you can get first notification of new patterns. These links will be updated throughout the CAL to direct you to the pattern. Each pattern will also be shared in the CAL Central Crochet Facebook and Ravelry groups.
- June 18: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- June 25: Pattern 2 by Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
- July 2: Pattern 3 by Stitches n Scraps
- July 9: Pattern 4 by Snappy Tots
- July 16: Pattern 5 by KatiDCreations
- July 23: Pattern 6 by Goddess Crochet
- July 30: Pattern 7 by Oombawka Design
- August 6: Pattern 8 by Jessie At Home
- August 13: Pattern 9 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- August 20: Pattern 10 by Left in Knots
- Crochet at your own pace.
- August 27: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter)
2018 Washcloth CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
I know I’m not the only one that thinks prizes make the CALs more fun! Four companies have contributed seven prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. With each CAL project that you complete, you’ll have a chance to win one of these prizes. Prizes will be distributed at random from all the project submissions.
- Cascade Yarns has generously provided all ten of the participating designers with Ultra Pima and Ultra Pima Paints for the washcloth patterns. They will also be awarding prizes three skeins of Ultra Pima yarn in the winners’ choice of colors to two winners!
- Navi’s Handmade will be providing three lucky winners with peppermint charcoal sugar scrub, liquid castille soap, and a bar of soap for washing your handmade creations!
- Chickadee Sewing & Crochet will be providing one lucky winner with the winner’s choice of locking stitch markers (including a customized one with the winner’s initial).
- Pastiche Accessories will be providing one winner with a this yarn ball crochet hook with a handmade polymer clay handle in US Size E-4.
Enter the 2018 Softie CAL Giveaway
Share your completed project pictures below by clicking the blue “Add your link” by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, August 27, 2018 to enter for your chance to win!
- To enter the end-of-CAL giveaway for your chance to win one of the prizes listed above, share share a picture of your completed Washcloth CAL projects using the link up below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, August 27, 2018.
- You may share one picture of each project you complete using a Washcloth CAL 2018 pattern. Each completed project will count as one entry in the giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the Ravelry project page, Instagram photo, or blog post, not to your main blog or profile. (If you’re new to InLinkz linkups, you can find a tutorial here.)
- Seven giveaway winners will be chosen from these entries at random. Each will win one of the end-of-CAL giveaway prizes.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too! You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaways.