Welcome to Underground Crafter!
My name is Marie Segares, and I’m the Proprietress of the Underground Crafter. I’m a crochet and knitting blogger, designer, and teacher. I learned to crochet from my maternal grandmother in 1984, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I conquered my fear of knitting in 2010, and now I’m happily bi-craftual.
You can find free crochet patterns, crochet tips, crochet and knitting book and product reviews, interviews with needlearts industry pros, and more on my blog! I’ve just started adding free knitting patterns and recipes, too!
If you’re visiting for the first time, you may want to check out some of my most popular posts:
- My free crochet patterns and free knitting patterns,
- Monthly Knitting Love Link Party (co-hosted by Jessie At Home),
- Weekly #Crochet #TipsTuesday posts,
- Crochet pattern roundups, and
- Visitor’s Guide to New York City Yarn Shops (updated October, 2015).
I’m involved with several multi-designer crochet-a-longs (CAL) in 2016. Perhaps you’d like to join in! These are all free and the patterns will be available even after the CALs end. You can find out more in these posts.
- Make it for Me! (January 1-31, 2016) – My pattern for this CAL is the Rainbow After the Storm Shawlette.
- Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 (January 11-December 19, 2016) – Join the Facebook and Ravelry groups for more fun!
- Wonder Blanket CAL (January 7-November 3, 2016)
And, I haven’t forgotten the knitters! You can join the Anthology Blanket Knit-a-Long.
If you’re interested in the business side of crochet and knitting, you may also want to check out my weekly podcast, the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show.
Thanks so much for stopping by!