I mentioned earlier that I’m involved with two multi-designer crochet-a-longs. Today is the first day of the Mystery Lapghan CAL, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!
I’ve teamed up with 29 other crochet designers to share 36 free crochet square patterns for a one-of-a-kind lap blanket! Each pattern will be 6″ (15 cm) square using a medium (worsted/aran) weight yarn and a US Size I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook. This exciting event was organized by Cylinda Mathews from Crochet Memories and Sheri Weber from The Country Willow.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Join the Mystery Lapghan CAL
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from August 17, 2015 through November 6, 2015, a pattern will be released.
- You can join in by crocheting each of the patterns as you have time.
- Chat with other CAL participants, share your progress, and post pictures of your finished projects in the Mystery Lapghan CAL Facebook group.
- By the end of the crochet-a-long, you’ll have a 36″ (91.5 cm) lap blanket to gift or keep!
- Cylinda and Sheri have some great prizes planned. Stay tuned to learn more about the prizes and how to enter the giveaway.
If you plan to participate, be sure to follow the participating designers for updates!
- 8/17/15: Cylinda Mathews: Lacy Crimson Square with intermediate variation, Intricate Lacy Crimson Square
- 8/19/15: Marie Segares (that’s me!): Diagonal Box Stitch Square
- 8/21/15: Mary Kathryn Vaughn: Petite Purple Square
- 8/24/15: Amanda Robertson: Borderline Square
- 8/26/15: Carolyn Christmas: Posy Wheel 6″ Square
- 8/28/15: Corina Gray: Star Bright Square
- 8/31/15: Pia Thadani: Sunshine Square
- 9/2/15: Carolyn Christmas: Bullseye Square
- 9/4/15: Mistie Bush: Cotton Candy Square
- I shared a roundup of my favorite free patterns by Mistie here!
- 9/7/15: Melinda Miller: Charming 6″ Square
- 9/9/15: Alexandra Richards: Cuatro Esquinas de Abeula Afghan Square
- 9/11/15: Cylinda Mathews: Checks and Balances Square
- 9/14/15: Julie Yeager: Lovely Lace
- 9/16/15: Leah Feild: Triangles 6″ Square
- 9/18/15: Sheri Weber: Stop the Madness 6″ Square
Shop for Lion Brand Yarn on LeisureArts.com!
- 9/22/15: Lisa Hamblin: CAL Afghan Square
- 9/24/15: Cheryl Frye: Berry Block
- 9/27/15: Anastacia Zittel: Sensational Sunblock Square
- 9/29/15: Michele Maks: C-A-L Square
- 10/1/15: Sonya Blackstone: Rorschach Square
- 10/5/15: Deborah Ziegler: Clusters Squared
- 10/7/15: Lynne Samaan: Daisy Granny Square
- 10/9/15: Debi Dearest: Love Field Flower Square
- 10/12/15: Amy Ramnarine: A Star in the Sky Afghan Square | written pattern | photo tutorial
- 10/14/15: Sara Sach: Sweet Little Pumpkin Granny Square
- 10/16/16: Alexandra Richards: Sunflower Afghan Square
- 10/19/15: Melinda Miller: Bellis Perennis 6″ Square
- 10/21/15: Marie Segares (me again!): Raised Bunchberry Square: pattern only | pattern with photo tutorials
- 10/23/15: AG Handmades: Squared Up
- 10/26/15: Rhondda Mol: Lest We Forget Poppy Afghan Square
- 10/28/15: Mistie Bush: Bang On 6″ Square
- 10/30/15: Deborah Ziegler: Granny Double Take
- 11/2/15: Carol Rupprecht: Swirled Sun Square
- 11/4/15: Lisa Jelle: Charming Cherry Blossom Square
- 11/6/15: Cylinda Mathews: Diamond in the Rough Square