I’m excited to announce a really fun CAL that I’m organizing, the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-long! I’ve teamed up with 14 other crochet designers to share 15 free crochet patterns for holiday gift and decoration projects with you! Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stashbuster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great holiday gift. (If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, that’s ok, too! We love yarn as much as you do!)
This post contains affiliate links.
How to join the Holiday Stashdown CAL
Every Monday from September 14 through December 21, 2015, a new crochet pattern will be posted on one of our 15 blogs.
- You can join in by crocheting each of the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #HolidayStashdownCAL2015 on all social media.
- Chat with other crocheters in our Facebook and Ravelry groups
- By the end of the crochet-a-long, you’ll have 15 great gifts for the holiday season.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 schedule
Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers so you can get first notification of new patterns!
- September 14: Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- September 21: Designs from Grammy’s Heart
- Neapolitan Rainbow Jacket pattern with links to photo and video tutorials
- September 28: American Crochet
- Join the Facebook or Ravelry group by September 30 for your chance to win our first giveaway! See below for more details.
- October 5: Mainly Crochet Stashdown Cowl pattern is no longer available
- October 12: Creative Threads by Leah Swirling Leaves Wristlet pattern is no longer available for free
- October 19: Melody’s Makings
- October 26: Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
- November 2: Eye Love Knots
- November 9: KatiDCreations
- November 16: Crochet Memories
- November 23: Stitches ‘N’ Scraps
- November 30: Acorn Tree Creations Holly in the Snow Cup Cozy pattern is no longer available
- December 7: Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts
- December 14: The Purple Poncho
- December 21: Blackstone Designs
- Crochet at your own pace.
- January 11: End-of-CAL giveaway entry deadline. Share a picture of your finished project for a chance to win great prizes from our giveaway sponsors. More information about how to enter and prizes will be shared in December.
- January 15: End-of-CAL giveaway winners announced.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 giveaways!
After doing all of this holiday crafting, you deserve a gift, too, so we’ve organized two giveaways.
Our first giveaway is for two copies of Crochet for Christmas: 29 Patterns for Handmade Holiday Decorations and Gifts, courtesy of our sponsor Stackpole Books. Follow Stackpole Books on Facebook | Pinterest.
- To enter this giveaway, join the CAL by joining the Facebook or Ravelry groups through September 30, 2015. One winner from each group will be chosen at random.
We have even more sponsors for our end-of-CAL giveaway! For each finished project you share a photo of by January 11, 2016, you’ll get an entry into our giveaway with amazing prizes from our sponsors! Share a completed picture of all 15 projects and you’ll get 5 extra entries – that’s 20 in total! We’ll share more details about our sponsors, the great prizes they are sharing, and how to enter the giveaway soon. Until then, show our giveaway sponsors some love!
End-of-CAL Giveaway Sponsors
- Blackstone Designs! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Clover USA! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Creative Threads by Leah! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Fiber Dyet! Follow on Facebook
- Hen Pecked Hooks! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest
- Katrinkles! Follow on Facebook
- Kelly Connor Designs ! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- KSC Designs! Follow on Etsy | Instagram
- Leisure Arts! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Lion Brand Yarn! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Michelle’s Assortment! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- Mountain Street Arts! Follow on Blog
- Polymer Clay Shed! Follow on Blog | Facebook | Pinterest
- Red Heart Yarn! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- The Sewing Machine! Follow on Facebook
- Stitches’N’Scraps! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- And, last but not least, Underground Crafter (that’s me)! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest