I’m excited to announce a really fun CAL that I’m organizing, the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-long!
I’ve teamed up with 14 other crochet designers to share 15 free crochet patterns for holiday gift and decoration projects with you!
Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stashbuster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great holiday gift. (If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, that’s ok, too! We love yarn as much as you do!)
This post contains affiliate links.
How to join the Holiday Stashdown CAL
Every Monday from September 14 through December 21, 2015, a new crochet pattern will be posted on one of our 15 blogs.
- You can join in by crocheting each of the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #HolidayStashdownCAL2015 on all social media.
- Chat with other crocheters in our Facebook and Ravelry groups
- By the end of the crochet-a-long, you’ll have 15 great gifts for the holiday season.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 schedule
Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers so you can get first notification of new patterns!
September 14: Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- Not Quite a Slouchy Hat pattern with photo and video tutorials
- Follow Marie on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Ravelry profile * designer page * group | Twitter | YouTube
September 21: Designs from Grammy’s Heart
- Neapolitan Rainbow Jacket pattern with links to photo and video tutorials
September 28: American Crochet
- Grey Skies Scarf pattern with link to photo tutorial
- Follow Mistie on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Check out a roundup of my favorite 5 free patterns by Mistie here!
Join the Facebook or Ravelry group by September 30 for your chance to win our first giveaway! See below for more details.
October 5: Mainly Crochet
October 12: Creative Threads by Leah
- Swirling Leaves Wristlet pattern with photo tutorial
- Follow Leah on Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Read my interview with Leah here!
October 19: Melody’s Makings
October 26: Sweet Potato Crochet Creations
- Christmas Carol’s Stocking pattern
- Follow Carol on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry profile * designer page | Twitter
November 2: Eye Love Knots
- Whimsical Sashay Cowl pattern
- Follow Alexandra on Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry profile * designer page
November 9: KatiDCreations
- Zig ‘n’ Zag – A Sleeved Wrap pattern
- Follow Kati on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Ravelry | Twitter
- Check out a roundup of my favorite 5 free crochet patterns by Kati here!
November 16: Crochet Memories
- Starry Night Luscious Cowl pattern
- Follow Cylinda on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
November 23: Stitches ‘N’ Scraps
- Non-stop Slippers pattern: Baby | Child | Adult sizes
- Follow Pia on Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry
- Check out a roundup of my favorite 5 free crochet patterns by Pia here!
November 30: Acorn Tree Creations
- Holly in the Snow Cup Cozy pattern
- Follow Jenny on Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube
December 7: Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts
- Adelyn Earwarmer pattern
- Follow Lisa on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
December 14: The Purple Poncho
December 21: Blackstone Designs
- Basic Wristers pattern
- Follow Sonya on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
Crochet at your own pace.
January 11: End-of-CAL giveaway entry deadline. Share a picture of your finished project for a chance to win great prizes from our giveaway sponsors. More information about how to enter and prizes will be shared in December.
January 15: End-of-CAL giveaway winners announced.
Shop for Lion Brand Yarn at LeisureArts.com!
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 giveaways!
After doing all of this holiday crafting, you deserve a gift, too, so we’ve organized two giveaways.
Our first giveaway is for two copies of Crochet for Christmas: 29 Patterns for Handmade Holiday Decorations and Gifts, courtesy of our sponsor Stackpole Books. Follow Stackpole Books on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter.
- To enter this giveaway, join the CAL by joining the Facebook or Ravelry groups through September 30, 2015. One winner from each group will be chosen at random.
We have even more sponsors for our end-of-CAL giveaway! For each finished project you share a photo of by January 11, 2016, you’ll get an entry into our giveaway with amazing prizes from our sponsors! Share a completed picture of all 15 projects and you’ll get 5 extra entries – that’s 20 in total! We’ll share more details about our sponsors, the great prizes they are sharing, and how to enter the giveaway soon. Until then, show our giveaway sponsors some love!
End-of-CAL Giveaway Sponsors
- Blackstone Designs! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Clover USA! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Creative Threads by Leah! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Fiber Dyet! Follow on Facebook
- Hen Pecked Hooks! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Katrinkles! Follow on Facebook
- Kelly Connor Designs ! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- KSC Designs! Follow on Etsy | Instagram
- Leisure Arts! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- Lion Brand Yarn! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Michelle’s Assortment! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Mountain Street Arts! Follow on Blog | Twitter
- Polymer Clay Shed! Follow on Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
- Red Heart Yarn! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
- The Sewing Machine! Follow on Facebook | Twitter
- Stitches’N’Scraps! Follow on Facebook | Pinterest
- And, last but not least, Underground Crafter (that’s me)! Follow on Facebook | G+ | Pinterest | Twitter
Will you be joining the Holiday Stashdown CAL? Head over to our Facebook and Ravelry groups to pick up blog and project badges you can use and to enter the first giveaway!
48 thoughts on “Announcing the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-long 2015!”
May I join???
You are welcome to join, Yolanda! The Facebook or Ravelry groups linked above are the best places to connect with the other crocheters who have joined in.
I’m joining along cant wait to see what we do
Wonderful, Kathy! I look forward to crocheting with you.
This sounds like fun
I have never been on a blog. How do I join the Christmas crochet along?
Welcome, Christy! You can join by crocheting along at your own pace. If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, we are having a lot of fun in the Facebook and Ravelry groups. There are links to both in this post.
I was wondering if you were still going to do the video. I’m a little confused and the video would help a whole lot! Thanks!
Yes, Theresa! The video is being edited and will be posted later today.