I’m sharing my first pattern as part of the 2017 Holiday Blog Hop today, and guess what? It’s actually TWO patterns — for the In the Neighborhood Slouchy Hat and Keyhole Scarf, a coordinated set! I originally designed these patterns for the Yarnbox Classic Crochet subscription’s July 2017 shipment in the new-to-me (and stunningly beautiful) Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted yarn.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Yarn for the samples was generously provided by Neighborhood Fiber Co.
In the Neighborhood Slouchy Hat and Keyhole Scarf
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
- Hat: Newborn (Child/Teen, Adult)
- Newborn: 14” (35.5 cm) hat circumference x 6” (15 cm) height.
- Child/Teen: 20.5” (52 cm) hat circumference x 8.25” (21 cm) height.
- Adult: 23.5” (23 cm) hat circumference x 9” (59.5 cm) height.
- Keyhole Scarf: Teen/Adult: 5.25” (13.5 cm) width x 26” (66 cm) length.
- Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted yarn (100% washable Merino wool, 8 oz/228 g/400 yd/366 m) – 1 skein in Canton (MC), or approximately 85/145/185 yd (77/132.5/170 m) for hat and 187 yd (171 m) for scarf in any medium weight yarn.
- Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted yarn (100% washable Merino wool, 2 oz/60 g/105 yd/96 m) – 1 mini skein in Thomas Circle (CC), or approximately 20/30/40 yd (18/27.5/36.5 m) for hat and 22 yd (20 m) for scarf in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Locking stitch marker or scrap yarn.
- Through Rnd 3 = 3.5” (9 cm) diameter in hat pattern. For best fit, always check your gauge for hat.
- 14 sts = 4” (10 cm) in scarf pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for scarf project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CC – Coordinating Color
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- MC – Main Color
- rep – repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- sc – single crochet
- sc2tog – single crochet 2 together – [Insert hook in next st, yarn over and draw up a loop] twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- sp – space
- st(s) stitch(es)
- * + Repeat the instructions following the asterisk or plus sign as indicated.
- () Instructions within parenthesis are worked into indicated stitch or space.
-  Repeat instructions between brackets as indicated.
Slouchy Hat Pattern Notes
- Hat is crocheted in the round with right (front) side facing.
- Unworked color can be carried inside of hat.
- Get the free crochet pattern for the In the Neighborhood Slouchy Hat here.
Keyhole Scarf Pattern Notes
- Scarf is crocheted flat in rows.
- On Row 3, work over ch-1 sp and draw up first loop of dc to same height as current row.
- Get the free crochet pattern for the In the Neighborhood Keyhole Scarf here.
If you make your own In the Neighborhood Slouchy Hat or Keyhole Scarf, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!