We’re in the middle of summer, but in crochet time, that means that back-to-school season is right around the corner. Our next crochet-a-long with the CAL Central groups on Facebook and Ravelry will help you get ready to head back to school (or to make something fun for someone else heading back to school) in time for fall. This post includes all the information you’ll need to join us and will be regularly updated with links throughout the CAL, so read on for details!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
How the Back-to-School CAL works
I’ve teamed up with 4 other designers to share 5 free crochet patterns for back-to-school season. Every week during the CAL, we’ll share a new crochet pattern. We’ll also have a giveaway for crocheters who finish up projects during the CAL. (By the way, I want to give a special thank you to Pia from Stitches’N’Scraps for designing our CAL button.)
How to join the Back-to-School CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #calcentralcrochet on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join our Facebook or Ravelry groups.
- Each week, our featured designer will be available to answer questions in our groups and to share some of their other work with you.
- By the end of the CAL you’ll have up to 5 beautiful projects.
- Worried about missing out on new patterns? I’ll include each week’s pattern in my weekly newsletter. You can sign up here.
Back-to-School CAL 2017 Schedule
Each week, this schedule will be updated to link you to the latest pattern.
- July 24 – Fantail Pencil (or Crochet Hook) Case with No-Sew Liner with Underground Crafter (that’s me).
- July 31 – Stuff and Spill Backpack with Left In Knots.
- August 7 – Confetti Tablet Cover with American Crochet.
- August 14 – Locker Pockets with Snappy Tots
- August 21 – Pattern 5 with Creative Threads by Leah.
- August 28 – Deadline to enter the the giveaway by sharing your completed projects. See below for details.
Back-to-School CAL 2017 Giveaway
We all know that crochet-a-longs are a lot more fun with prizes, so these six designers have donated giveaway prizes for our Back-to-School CAL!
- Anastacia Zittel from Anastacia Knits Designs: Show your support by following Anastacia on Etsy | Instagram | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Leah Feild from Creative Threads by Leah: Show your support by following Leah on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Rhondda Mol from Oombawka Designs: Show your support by following Rhondda on Craftsy | Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Scoop.it | Twitter | YouTube.
- Rebeckah Ferger from Rebeckah’s Treasures: Show your support by following Rebeckah on Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube.
- Heidi Yates from Snappy Tots: Show your support by following Heidi on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Marie Segares from Underground Crafter (that’s me!): Show your support by following me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | StumbleUpon | Twitter | YouTube.
To enter the Back-to-School CAL giveaway:
- Share your project here by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Monday, August 28, 2017 to enter the end-of-CAL giveaway.
- You may share one picture of each project you complete using any of the CAL patterns. Each completed project will count as one entry in the giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter the giveaway, but if you do, please link directly to the Ravelry project page, Instagram photo, or blog post, not to your main blog or profile. (If you’re new to InLinkz linkups, you can find a tutorial here.)
- Six giveaway winners will be chosen from these entries at random. Each winner will win one giveaway prize from a participating designer.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook or Ravelry groups, too. You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only pictures submitted here will be entered in the giveaway.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!